Grilled Guacamole

GrillinFool

10-Guacamole-done1.jpg

Trying something new. Putting the fill write up here, but for the rest of the pics you have to go here.

I prepared my propane gas grill for high heat (600°+). While waiting for the grill to get up to temp, I got out the things to put on the grill:

Ingredients
5 Avocados
1 Tomato
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lime

The avocados were cut in half. Then the seed was removed from each fruit. This was done by taking my santoku knife and striking the seed to attain a firm wedge. Give a little turn both ways until the seed is loose. After that, I cut the tomatoes into 8 equal wedges:

Pour the olive oil and squeeze the lime into a small dish. Brush the oil and lime on to the flesh of the avocado:

There is no need to brush the skin. Do the same to the tomatoes and the other half of the lime. Now they are ready for grilling:

Place all the avocados, tomatoes and lime on the grill, flesh side down. After about a minute, turn the avocado and lime 90 degrees and flip the tomatoes:

One minute later, remove all the fruits from the grill. My instant reaction was WOW, those are some wicked grill marks!

Peel the skin off of the avocados and place them in a bowl. Start smashing them with a masher or fork. Then, dice all the tomatoes and put them in the bowl.

Make guacamole with my simple recipe:

Ingredients
2 green onions
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 fresh squeezed lime juice
1 tsp salt

Place all the ingredients in the bowl with the avocados and tomatoes. Mix well.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
GF, that is a beautiful shot (as are the others in your link)!

I love the idea of one grilled half of avocado, with the grilled tomatoes, green onions, cheese and other garnish as an elegant salad or first course! The way you had it in the forefront of your photo - terrific!

Lee