Hawaiian Burgers

Ol-blue

The sauce is like a sweet and sour, teriyaki sauce that's goes on this burger. It makes for the best burger.
Enjoy! Debbie
_____

HAWAIIAN BURGERS

HawaiianBurger076.jpg

BURGER
1 pound(s) GROUND BEEF
4 teaspoon(s) WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE; Optional.
sliced PINEAPPLE
sliced SWISS CHEESE
HAMBURGER BUNS
LETTUCE
sliced RED ONION
SAUCE
1/4 cup(s) BARBECUE SAUCE
1/4 cup(s) PINEAPPLE PRESERVES; Or Apricot-Pineapple Preserves.
1 tablespoon(s) BROWN SUGAR; Packed.
_____

Combine ground beef and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
Shape into patties of desired size.
Combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat.
Place beef patties on BBQ cooking until done.
Just before serving add a slice of Swiss cheese and a spoonful of the sauce to the patties; continue to cook until cheese is melted.
Just before patties our done heat both sides of pineapple on grill.
To Serve: Put patties on bun, top with pineapple, more sauce if desired, a slice of red onion and lettuce, top with bun and enjoy.
_____

lilylove

This is on the menu for dinner next week!

I'll take mine with out the bun though.

( and Paul gets hamburger but I think I'll do a chicken breast)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Hawaiian burgers. Man the meat of choice there is SPAM. :yankchain:

Joking aside it sounds like a great idea. :thumb:

Calicolady

Oh yum. No alterations for me. I love anything with the
"tropical" flare.
On my menu for next wk. too, Ol Blue.
Thanks.

Ol-blue

Thanks Deelady. You are too kind.

sattie, I think you will enjoy this recipe. Its a hit in my family.

PanchoHambre, Ok I will stop. Just kidding.

homecook

This does look really, really good. I think I may make this next week when ds isn't working...I think he'll really like them.

Barb

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm glad someone bumped this thread. I missed it the first time around.
Yum, they look great. I can't wait to try them.
Another Good one Debbie. :thumb: :D

(My wife would love your dinnerware.)

lilylove

Well... poop! I have to put this one on hold until hunting season. Paul saw the print out and veto'd it. After almost 12 years of being married I find out that he doesn't like pineapple unless it's in dessert!

Oh well... in Sept..Oct.. and Nov he's gone almost every weekend. I'll make it for myself then!!

Ol-blue

Darn him! You could do what I do. I fix a plain burger for my husband and make me my burger. I then put the leftover sauce in the refrigerator for another day.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well... poop! I have to put this one on hold until hunting season. Paul saw the print out and veto'd it. After almost 12 years of being married I find out that he doesn't like pineapple unless it's in dessert!

Oh well... in Sept..Oct.. and Nov he's gone almost every weekend. I'll make it for myself then!!
Funny lilly. I got a similar reply from my wife. She was less than excited about the idea of pineapple on a burger. :yum:

FooD

That sauce was nice and sticky. I made a big mess of myself while eating. I think I put too much of it on.

lilylove

lol...doesn't that make it twice as good?

I might just do as you say Blue and make him a bacon burger and make mine with pineapple! Then I'll be able to sit there and say " mines better than yours" I love doing that to him!!

Ol-blue

You might have put a little bit too much on FooD. It's good when the sauce runs down your arm isn't it?:smile:

There you go lilylove. That will teach him to turn up his nose up to something. :smile:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's supposed to be a beautiful day here tomorrow so I may just drag the grill out and try this one. Thanks Ol-blue!

KKsMom

Blond Member
Mama, I completely agree; it's already 51 degrees here and I think my grill is crying to be fired up. This recipe reminds me of a burger from Red Robin that I am in love with; if I can make it at home that would make my day!!! I can't wait to try this!