My guacamole

IamSam

2 avocados mashed with a fork

Ingredients to be liquified (I use my Magic Bullet. Not to be confused with a silver bullet -- ladies, you know what I'm talkin' about):

Half (or more if you like) a large onion (not sweet)
2 large jalapenos (not those mushy jarred slices, either)
2 handfuls of FRESH cilantro
2 medium cloves garlic
3 T. lime juice
Salt (c. 1 T)
Pepper (who cares at this point how much?)

3 Roma tomatoes, diced

Mix all the above in a big, shiny bowl.

Chill a few hours.

Enjoy!

FryBoy

Here's a good primer. It's pretty much how I've been making it for 40 years -- except I usually use either lemon or lime, not both, I prefer green onions, and I like to add seeded and diced tomatoes: How to Make Guacamole

CharlieD

Here's a good primer. It's pretty much how I've been making it for 40 years -- except I usually use either lemon or lime, not both, I prefer green onions, and I like to add seeded and diced tomatoes: How to Make Guacamole

Forget the guacamole, did you people see the knife she uses? Yum, I mean the knife. Was it 12"? I think it was. I love that knife.

FryBoy

Forget the guacamole, did you people see the knife she uses? Yum, I mean the knife. Was it 12"? I think it was. I love that knife.
Can't be sure, but from the shape of the blade, the handle, and the bolster, it looks to me like a Wusthof 12" Chef's Knife:

4582032.jpg

Wusthof also makes a "heavy" 14" Chef's Knife (about $520!):

608.jpg

Or maybe a 12" F. Dick Chef's Knife, which you would be more likely to find in a professional kitchen (mainly because they're cheaper, but very good knifes -- this one is only $99):

7596.jpg

Last edited:

PanchoHambre

Very much like mine

I usually gate the garlic to and I make sure to add tomatoes late so they dont get too mushed... I also tend to go heavy on the cilantro and lime because they are two of my favorite flavors.

FryBoy

...How in the world do you make link look like one word or so? Somebody was trying to explain that to me yesterday, but I did not understan???????

Easy. Type in the words you want to be the link, then select those words (i.e., highlight them), click on the globe with the chain in the menu bar, and insert your link in the window that opens.