Cape Cod Brisket Potato Chips

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I spotted these and had to try them, natch.

Of course, they don't taste anything like brisket, but if you like BBQ chips, these are better than most.

Lee

Attachments

• Buffalo chips 1.JPG
    Buffalo chips 1.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Buffalo Chips 2.JPG
    Buffalo Chips 2.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Buffalo chips 3.JPG
    Buffalo chips 3.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 231

Asif Engdahl

Are they good though? There are some chips that say that their flavor is this or that, but in reality, they taste far from the flavor we originally thought of.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are they good though? There are some chips that say that their flavor is this or that, but in reality, they taste far from the flavor we originally thought of.

Um, well, if you are expecting the flavor of beef brisket, don't buy them.

Lee

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Lee, found one sack of them in the local Giant last night.

Very good but the taste wasn't exactly beef brisket. :mrgreen:

A label on the sack says they were made for July 4th so O imagine they will get hard to find.

Thanks for posting!

Jim

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Jim, off-topic, but .... I have a friend who was raised somewhere south of the Mason-Dixon, Kentucky, I think.

Anyway, she says "sack" for "bag".

Do you also call shopping carts "buggies"?

Lee

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Jim, off-topic, but .... I have a friend who was raised somewhere south of the Mason-Dixon, Kentucky, I think.

Do you also call shopping carts "buggies"?

Lee

Sack is common. Cart or buggie, about even usage.

Pop or soda? I grew up saying pop.

Do potatoes have jackets or skins?

Soda part of the time "coke" a lot of the time even if it's a Grape soda!

If you're in a fancy restaurant its a jacket potato. If you're digging it out of the garden it has a skin.

I forgot to attach the 4th of July label. Here it is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 207

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I love Cape Cod brand chips, just like Krunchers brand.

I call a grocery bag a bag even if it's a sack lol
Shopping cart (they call them trollies in England)
I call pop, pop.
In southern Indiana, my grandparents called it cola (RC cola) or anything was cola.
England, it's fizzy drinks relative to Yorkshire or coke/cola is just the term.
Order a 'coke' anywhere and they'll know what you want.

Jacket potato is Brit/English as well.
I called it a baked tater.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter

Lee

Thought about this some more.

To me a sack is closed and sealed like the chips. A bag is open at the top like the bags at checkout. Thats just me. I'm sure the dictionary has it reversed from me! :yum:

Johnny West

The chip I'm enjoying right now is Lay's All Dressed like we get in Canada. If they just made ketchup flavoured chips I'd be chuffed.

Johnny West

Oh, eh! They do in Canada, all brands have a ketchup flavour, just not here in America. They used to back in the late 60's but didn't last long.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, eh! They do in Canada, all brands have a ketchup flavour, just not here in America. They used to back in the late 60's but didn't last long.

Wonder if Amazon would ship to you? Or someone in Bellingham who would get some for you?

Johnny West

I don't know anyone in Bellingham and the border crossing is a PITA especially for a bag of chips. We cross at Aldergrove where there is a Save On and Timmy's. I get chips, H.P. Sauce and other things not found in America. We usually go to B.C. several times a year and load up.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know anyone in Bellingham and the border crossing is a PITA especially for a bag of chips. We cross at Aldergrove where there is a Save On and Timmy's. I get chips, H.P. Sauce and other things not found in America. We usually go to B.C. several times a year and load up.

You might try Amazon. It let me put the ketchup chips inthe cart and select a Virginia shipping address.

Jim