Wild Mushroom-Stuffed Pork Loin

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A million thanks to Peep for formatting this post for me!

This was a great way to use some of my dried mushrooms.

I cut the chunk of loin into thirds, keeping the meat attached and opened like a book. I brined it overnight.

Otherwise, made the recipe as written.

My photo is under the Betty Crocker photo.

Lee

Wild Mushroom-Stuffed Pork Loin

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipe...rk-roast/43e5fb9e-0801-44cc-972d-2d1afbc6d517

Ingredients

1 package (1 oz.) dried porcini mushrooms

1 boneless pork loin roast (3 lb.)

1 tablespoon butter or margarine

1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)

1 package (8 oz.) fresh baby portabella mushrooms, finely chopped

1/2 cup herb-seasoned stuffing crumbs (do not use stuffing cubes)

2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper
Fresh sage leaves, if desired

1. Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, place dried porcini mushrooms. Cover mushrooms with hot water; let stand 10 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, cut pork roast horizontally to 1/2 inch from one long side without cutting all the way through (pork will open like a book); set aside. In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 1 minute or until tender.

3. Drain porcini mushrooms well; chop. Add porcini and portabella mushrooms to butter in skillet; cook about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender. Stir in stuffing crumbs.

4. Spoon mushroom mixture into opening in pork; close pork over stuffing and secure with string. Place stuffed pork in shallow roasting pan. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in center of thickest part of pork.

5. Roast uncovered 45 to 55 minutes or until thermometer reads 150°F. Remove pork from pan; cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes until thermometer reads 160°F. Remove strings from pork before carving. Garnish with sage.

picture.php

Last edited: