2017 Thanksgiving Menu

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This is my tentative menu. Menu may be revised. I am cooking for 4 - 5 people. So I don't cut items I just make smaller quantities.

2017 Thanksgiving Menu

Appetizers/Soup

Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream Cheese, Green Olive and Walnuts Poppers
Cheese, Meat & Fruit Platter (cubes – Muenster, smoked Gouda, Swiss & cheddar cheese, baby salami, sopressata, pepperoni, apple and grapes)

Dinner
Roasted Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Sweet Potato & Acorn Squash or Sweet Potato Casserole
Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower
Mashed red and Yukon potatoes
Homemade Turkey Gravy
Sautéed mushrooms
Homemade Cranberry/Tangerine Relish
Homemade Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
Jellied Cranberry sauce

Dessert
Apple pie
Pumpkin pie
Pumpkin Bread
Homemade Whipped cream
Figs
Dates
Nuts

Beverages
Ginger ale/Assorted Soda (diet & regular)
Sparkling cranberry apple cider
Spiced Apple Cider

give_thanks_2017.jpg

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holy cow, Peep! That is a whole lot of food! Three kinds of cranberry!

Do you have your popper recipe on here somewhere? If not, and if you have time, would you please start a thread for it in Appetizers? I haven't made a new appy in ages!

Thanks,

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Ty found a duck at Kroger, so we're having that and ham as well.
Also mash and gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, dinner rolls, pumpkin pie, cherry dessert that Ali is going to make, my cranberry pecan bread.. don't know what all else.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Holy cow, Peep! That is a whole lot of food! Three kinds of cranberry!

Do you have your popper recipe on here somewhere? If not, and if you have time, would you please start a thread for it in Appetizers? I haven't made a new appy in ages!

Thanks,

Lee
As I stated earlier I don't cut items I just make smaller quantities. There's nothing wrong with many choices just in small quantities. Variety is the spice of life. I think that's why buffets do so well.
As to the cranberries. Hub HAS TO have canned cranberry sauce (so a can for his dinner and sandwiches). I grew up with Mom's cranberry relish and love it and now that she is gone it brings wonderful memories of past holidays to mind (so 1 bag of cranberries for relish). I have never made whole berry cranberry sauce so I thought I would give it a try (1 bag for that). 1 bag of berries doesn't really make that much.
There aren't many leftovers. A pint of something doesn't really last to long with 4 people eating leftovers. LOL Then the creamy turkey soup gets made. LOL

Here's the Poppers

Peep's Cream Cheese, Green Olive and Walnut Poppers

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my stepdad made turkey, me & my Mom made potato salad, cranberry sauce, eggs, smushed potato, my macaroni/cheese, grn.-bean casserole, corn, a cheese/veggie/meat tray w/ dip as an appy, vinny made ambrosia salad, his`nilla wafer/pudding dessert, & i ferget those other
items--
we drank, & we drank scads-- me, my dear pal, my stepdad & his pal-- & my Mom, she drank, as well-- 1 (1!) schnapps!!
i don't believe in microwaves, & thus fergot to push buttons-- we went sans peas--
i'm usually adept at pushing buttons, too, if i need to-- hm--