Monday, 1/17/2011, Whats cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
You'll hate pancreatitis, an ERCP and gall bladder surgery even more.
Get it checked out please.
Don't let it go as far as I did, if in fact that's what's going on, which I think it is.
HMMMMMMMMMMMM OK

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looking better each time Peeps!!
Thank you Dee. The string beans were good. But next time I am going to deep fry them in the oil after I do the chicken then do the fry with the sesame and soy sauce.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps, your dinner is just beautiful. I do love that sesame chicken, and I think the green beans are a perfect choice to accompany it. Wonderful pizza, Dee! And Sass, you are such a good neighbor. You are both fortunate to be such good friends. Mama - that fish looks really wonderful, too.

We went for a short trip to Cuba tonight, with some Pollo Guisado - a lovely chicken stew with lots of ingredients. I planned to make tostones, and after the oil was hot to fry them, I peeled them and realized that they were big, fat sweet bananas! (bought the wrong thing - my Spanish is not so good sometimes!). So I quickly fried up some flour tortillas, which may not authentic, but were very yummy as a side dish with the dipping sauce, which had chiles, garlic, mayo and sour cream.

Attachments

• DSCF1013.jpg
    DSCF1013.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 112

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Karen, that is such a beautiful dish.. and I don't like olives, but I'd try yours.
Love the tortillas and dip!
Pretty plates, loads of colour!
Fab :kiss:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps, your dinner is just beautiful. I do love that sesame chicken, and I think the green beans are a perfect choice to accompany it. Wonderful pizza, Dee! And Sass, you are such a good neighbor. You are both fortunate to be such good friends. Mama - that fish looks really wonderful, too.

We went for a short trip to Cuba tonight, with some Pollo Guisado - a lovely chicken stew with lots of ingredients. I planned to make tostones, and after the oil was hot to fry them, I peeled them and realized that they were big, fat sweet bananas! (bought the wrong thing - my Spanish is not so good sometimes!). So I quickly fried up some flour tortillas, which may not authentic, but were very yummy as a side dish with the dipping sauce, which had chiles, garlic, mayo and sour cream.

Karen and Peeps, your dinners are just stunning! I love the dishes on both too!
Thank you Karen and Mary!!

Karen I love this picture!! This looks absolutely fantastic! I think this is a prettier picture than the other you posted.
Can this be made with all chicken parts? We love breasts, wings and legs.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, Sass, Mary, Peeps and Dee! I'm sure you could use any chicken parts you prefer, Peeps...one of the recipes called for a whole chicken, cut into eight pieces. We like thighs and legs, so that's what I used. You could surely use breasts, but you wouldn't want to cook it as long. Problem is, I combined two recipes, and I'm not sure exactly how I made it! I'll find some time to write it down in the next day or so, though - promise.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
karen!! that is making me so hungry~ great job!! i have chix that i was gonna stir-fry, i may make a semblance of your dinner now, though