What's Cooking NCT Sun. 1/13/2013 to Sat. 1/19/2013

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tonight will be Baked cod for hub and the girls and cube steak for me. Garlic bread and caeser salad (homemade dressing) for everyone.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Either chicken and snow pea stir fry or chicken and broccoli stir fry over fried rice...that's the plan anyway.

Baked cod sounds good :readytoeat:.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Pork loin chops tonight, baby potatoes, aspargus and other veg for us tonight.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Family had baked cod and I had cube steak. We all had Caesar salad (homemade dressing) and garlic bread

011313_baked_cod_caeser_garlic_bread_P1090708.jpg

011313_cube_steak_caeser_garlic_bread_P1090710.jpg

PanchoHambre

since my recent obsession with the vintage recipts I am trying my hand at southern homestyle tonight - white chicken fricassee and homemade biscuits along with a "trappist" recipe for potatoes - everything involves lots of cream & butter - my arteries are clogging as i think about it.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Looks great peeps! We're drowning our sorrows after the Seahawks loss with linguini & clam sauce & LOTS of wine :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great peeps! We're drowning our sorrows after the Seahawks loss with linguini & clam sauce & LOTS of wine :)

denial works. wine, too. we luv linguine/clams. oh, geez. mourning this football loss, too. Stillers lost & i was in a state of :ohmy:. unheard of.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I switched to cod for last night's dinner :dizzy:....the power of suggestion. Tonight is chicken.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
dagnabbit, cooksie. suggestion. now i gotta quick-thaw cod. & giada's on t.v., speaking of tomato. & clams.

Embryodad

No dinner for me... Digestive distress. Grrrrrr!

Tina had soft boiled eggs mixed in with bread cubes.

I had three crackers with some smoked kippered herring from the can that DD and I shared.

Looks like Dr. Jimmy's home remedies for my digestive distress don't work! LOL

I ate so many charcoal caps....I feel like a bag of "Kingsford Charcoal Briquettes!" hahahahaha

I go to the Gastro Dr. Tomorrow!! Grrrrrrrr!!!:ohmy:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy, they may order an endoscopy. jus' gotta fast fer a day.

i'm makin' a burger. a salad. gotta get boursin cheese. great w/ the burger, especially the herbed kind.

fer breakfast, i would luv pops cereal. 1 thing, tho- i have not got a box of them. i'll drink a jones pop.

Embryodad

jimmy, they may order an endoscopy. jus' gotta fast fer a day.

i'm makin' a burger. a salad. gotta get boursin cheese. great w/ the burger, especially the herbed kind.

fer breakfast, i would luv pops cereal. 1 thing, tho- i have not got a box of them. i'll drink a jones pop.
thanx for the info luvs.

Anything is better than not being able to eat anything but a few crackers and cream cheese. lol

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
may that be the, erm, tummy cleanser-of-sorts~ a sorta sweeper.....
drain-o of the digestive tract.

TY, & may He Bless yinz, too.

Last edited:

Embryodad

Leftover pineapple chicken stir fry with fried rice and a salad.

Dinner011513.jpg
Looks like a winner Joe.

I love fried rice... I can't wait to get the flat top carbon steel resurfaced and polished, and once I do something with the pilot shutoff to control all three at once....I'll be cooking up a storm.

Nice Job Joe!

Embryodad

luvs was right about the endoscope. Next week I go. LOL

Gotta fix up the lower intestines. They herniated, and they are pushing on the large ones for some reason. that's why the pain and bloated feeling.

Tina popped a $3.00 "Red Baron" pizza in the oven. I ate one small slice...like 1/16th of what I would normally eat. LOL
Had a 1/2 slice of charcoal toasted bread with a piece of bologna on it.
Doc said for me to take acidophilis pills to get my innards in shape.

So far... so good. Little meals for now! Geeze, maybe I will lose some weight.
Weighed in at 243Lbs. If I can get down to 220, I'll be happy. That's like 23 Lbs More. hahahaha... Like a 23# Turkey! ...... Actually More like a H A M !!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
be well, jimmy!

i was reading a few menus, & may order a hoagie. this mediterranean one (eggplant is on that 1 w/ olives & a few types of cheese & the spinach/feta one sounds yummy,too.

if not a sammich, i've a box of corn & lemongrass soup.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Thinking of something to make with the fresh pineapple she cut up yesterday. Would make kabobs if it wasn't snowing and cold as heck. Maybe bake some chicken with it.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
luvs was right about the endoscope. Next week I go. LOL

Gotta fix up the lower intestines. They herniated, and they are pushing on the large ones for some reason. that's why the pain and bloated feeling.

Tina popped a $3.00 "Red Baron" pizza in the oven. I ate one small slice...like 1/16th of what I would normally eat. LOL
Had a 1/2 slice of charcoal toasted bread with a piece of bologna on it.
Doc said for me to take acidophilis pills to get my innards in shape.

So far... so good. Little meals for now! Geeze, maybe I will lose some weight.
Weighed in at 243Lbs. If I can get down to 220, I'll be happy. That's like 23 Lbs More. hahahaha... Like a 23# Turkey! ...... Actually More like a H A M !!

That's pretty crummy news, Jimmy :(.

Some of the brands of yogurt have the acidophilus stuff in them.

Embryodad

be well, jimmy!

i was reading a few menus, & may order a hoagie. this mediterranean one (eggplant is on that 1 w/ olives & a few types of cheese & the spinach/feta one sounds yummy,too.

if not a sammich, i've a box of corn & lemongrass soup.
Thanks luvs..

I love hoagies. Ummm!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my Mom took me to lunch. we pssed by this place & said, we should get lunch, here.
& i was figuring a burger was gonna be lunch.
we split an order of pommes frites w/ truffle aioli, & a steak-type sauce, & a dijon aioli as an appy. she ordered the macaroni & cheese, & i got the mussels & a glass of shiraz.
have both her extras & my own in the fridge fer dinner, too.

http://www.nineonninepgh.com/

Attachments

• IMG_1887902.jpg
    IMG_1887902.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1892907.jpg
    IMG_1892907.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1890904.jpg
    IMG_1890904.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1888903.jpg
    IMG_1888903.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1899913.jpg
    IMG_1899913.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 175

Embryodad

my Mom took me to lunch. we pssed by this place & said, we should get lunch, here.
& i was figuring a burger was gonna be lunch.
we split an order of pommes frites w/ truffle aioli, & a steak-type sauce, & a dijon aioli as an appy. she ordered the macaroni & cheese, & i got the mussels & a glass of shiraz.
have both her extras & my own in the fridge fer dinner, too.

http://www.nineonninepgh.com/
nine on nine .....really is... nice on nice.

Love the bar decor and the stools.... artsy!

I could do with some of those meals... a n d drinks.

Embryodad

Wednesday... 16/Jan :bbq:

Tonight was "Pretzel Dogs".... Sweet Hot Pickles .... and... Marble Pound Cake!

These Pretzel Wrapped Dogs are frozen, and just heat in the oven for 11 minutes. Dipped in Mustard...Yum!!

PretzelDogs001_zpsd3b67853.jpg

Peter Piper picked a peck of Pickled Peppers ~ ~ ~
PretzelDogs003_zps1e4d1af2.jpg

PretzelDogs005_zpsb8d716ab.jpg

Tina Did make a small caserole of eggplant / sliced meatballs / and cheese. No Pic. It's unsightly after I dug out the meatballs in the darn caserole pan. A little 8x8 one. LOL.... I don't like meat in my eggplant parm or lasagna.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We both had busy schedules today, so I popped a chicken in the crock pot at lunch time and made the mashed taters and gravy when we got home. I had the roasted carrots, and I made candied carrots for DW.

Dinner011713.jpg