Saturday, 1/29/2011, Whats on the table?

mhend

We'll probably feed everybody pizza and beer tonight to thank them for helping us move. I really can't wait to cook a real meal again! :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my Mom's bringing me bok choy (took me 1/2 hour 2 get her 2 pronounce that properly! finally i says, 'Mom use a mneomonic device!') & figure i'll pair that w/ honeyed chix w/ walnuts & wasabi that i meant 2 make another dinner ago!~

lilylove

It's Pauls last night here in Mexico so we are going out for dinner. I think we'll just go down to the main square and see what looks good. His choice tonight. :) I'm sure it'll be yummmmy!

Deelady

I changed my mind and will prob make breaded pork loin chops with mashed potatoes and gravy and some sort of veggie.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I changed my mind and will prob make breaded pork loin chops with mashed potatoes and gravy and some sort of veggie.
I see pork loin in my future also. Whole pork loin was on sale $1.49/lb. This sucker is 10 lb!! I have to break it down for the freezer shortly.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Lunch – Iceberg lettuce (last of the lettuce from tacos), vine tomatoes, solid white tuna, Dijon basil vinaigrette (I added soy sauce, hot chili sesame oil, sesame oil and a pinch of honey), toasted black and white sesame seeds.

012911_salad_tuna.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Shrimp and mussels fra diavlo with pasta.... and probably salad and sauteed apples on grilled portobello mushrooms.

I have dutch apple pie and red velvet cake from the restaurant for desssert..

and Sazeracs!!

GotGarlic

I'm thinking spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread; we always put a lot of chopped bell peppers in spaghetti sauce, too.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Shrimp and mussels fra diavlo with pasta.... and probably salad and sauteed apples on grilled portobello mushrooms.

I have dutch apple pie and red velvet cake from the restaurant for desssert..

and Sazeracs!!
OOOOOOOO Vera that sounds great!! BTW I hope you get pics because your shrimp got picked for this weeks Showcase.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Homemade Chicken A La King over rice with a side of steamed and buttered fresh string beans.

012911_chick_ala_king.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Sass, that is definitely on my list of things to make SOON. Looks great - how did it taste?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Karen, it is marvelous.
2 of the recipes state using a prepared sauce.
If I'd done that it would have been extremely rich with the cheeses and sour cream.
Besides, I didn't have any Prego lol
Next time I make it, it'll be exactly the same way, with canned tomato sauce and diced maters.

Mr. Green Jeans

Beer can chicken. Coated the bird lightly with olive oil and dusted liberally with Old Bay.

Attachments

• IMG_3204.jpg
    IMG_3204.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 99