1/3 cup Shrimp Stock (from shells)
Garlic Powder (optional)
Paprika (optional)
1 Tbsp Chives, chopped (optional)
Butter
Olive Oil

Angel Hair Pasta

Procedure

In a large sauce pan, heat milk and cream till just about to boil, add parmesan cheese, stir constantly till melted. Cover and set aside. Note: add 1-2 Tbsp of butter to this if desired (makes it richer).

In a large skillet add butter and mushrooms, cook over medium heat, covered, till the water from the mushrooms has gone, and they are tender. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a small skillet, add butter till melted, then the shells from the shrimp. Sprinkle on same garlic powder and Paprika if desired. Sauté for 2 minutes till shells are pink, then add 1 cup of water. Reduce heat to medium, and reduce liquid to 1/3 cup. Strain out the shells reserving the stock and set it aside.

In a medium skillet, add olive oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp, and sauté till pink, flipping occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add the Lemon Juice and Marsala wine. Stir frequently till wine is nearly gone (evaporated - about 2 Tbsp left).

As the shrimp is cooking, put the covered mushroom skillet back on medium-high heat. Once it begins to boils, add the shrimp stock, stir, and bring to a boil. Now add the Alfredo Sauce. Stir and bring just to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cover.

When shrimp is ready, add it (all contents of the skillet) to the Alfredo and Mushroom mixture. Stir and cover. Once it comes to a boil, kill the heat.

Serve over a bed of Angel Hair pasta and top with freshly chopped chives if desired.

Notes

It sounds more complex than it is.

1. Peel and devein shrimp, reserve the shells. Set shrimp aside.

2. Cook shells in butter and spices with 1 cup water. Reduce water to 1/3 cup and set aside.

3. Cook milk, cream, and parmesan cheese in a pan/pot till melted and bubbly, set aside. That is your Alfredo Sauce.

4. Cook mushrooms in butter till soft.

5. Add shrimp stock to mushrooms.

6. Add Alfredo Sauce to mushrooms.

7. Cook shrimp in butter with lemon and Marsala. Add to mushroom Alfredo Sauce.

8. Serve over noodles.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Pizza Chef

Guts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shrimp & Mushroom Alfredo over Angel Hair Pasta

Keltin what's not to like cream, cheese, wine, mushrooms, and pasta. Shrimp and pasta just seem to go together for me. Nice job!

I am currently unsupervised I know it freaks me out to. But the possibilities are endless!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Joyfully Retired

MexicoKaren is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shrimp & Mushroom Alfredo over Angel Hair Pasta

Beautiful, Keltin - what are those delicious-looking little "muffiny" things on the plate???? Corn bread? I want some!

NOTE: OK, I just saw on the other thread that those little goodies are CRAB CAKES. Now, I really want some!

Last edited by MexicoKaren; 02-02-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Tags
alfredo, angel hair, mushrooms, shrimp