What have you eaten Sunday, 5/10/2020 to Saturday, 5/16/2020?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Happy mother's day!

Not sure what dinner will be yet. I want to make a pot of sauce with meatballs and braciole but not sure if I have the energy and my hands are hurting this morning.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Late lunch at the local Steak House with Family, so......

Deconstructed Italian Hoagie on a Garden Salad w/ Egg....

Hoagie Salad.jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD and I did a lot of cooking today. I prepped and chopped in my mini Braun food processor all the fresh - herbs (basil, oregano and parsley), onion, garlic and grated Parmigiano Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses that we needed.

DD made soup with chicken and mushroom broths, homemade chicken meatballs, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, baby spinach and cheese tortellini for dinner tonight. There is enough left for lunch tomorrow and I will try to get a picture.

I made four 1/2 pound beef braciole and 115 beef meatballs (I used a one tablespoon disher/scoop). I'll make tomato sauce tomorrow. Some will be dinner tomorrow and some will be packaged for the freezer.

Last edited:

Embryodad

Supper. A great tomato sauce made with fresh tomatoes; onions and garlic, and frozen peas. I like a few dollops of ricotta cheese with it. The pasta, was veggie pasta.

IMG_1891.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
After the multipart chefy dinner I made Saturday, besides the fact we had a major front come through and my arthritis decided to flare like a supernova, didn't feel like cooking and I guess Craig didn't either again, he hasn't felt much like cooking since we both came down with something 6 weeks or so ago and it took him several weeks to finally stop coughing and feel better, we ended up having burgers from Wendy's for brunch/lunch, then loaded baked potatoes for dinner.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm making pigs in a blanket using these, as well as veggie tots and a cold cuke/onion/ tomato salad.
I'm exhausted today!

20200511_063358-768x768.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD needs to go to bank and she wants to see if she can get into TJ's or a farm market without waiting to long to get in.

She asked if I wanted to get out of house for awhile. I am conflicted. I won't be going in anywhere that's a given. But it's raining. The last time I went out in the rain I fell pretty hard and am still sore. But I do want to get out and take a ride. I'll decide later.

The plan for dinner is braise the Braciole in Instant Pot till tender, make tomato sauce then simmer meatballs and braciole in sauce till pasta is cooked (rigatoni). Topped with toasted seasoned bread crumbs,
Parmigiano Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses and a dollop of ricotta.
If DD can get into a market maybe a salad of baby arugula/rocket, chopped anchovy fillets tossed with olive oil, red wine vinegar and seasoning.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Neighbor brought me a large foil pan of Stuffed Shells..... gonna be Lunch & Dinner !

:thankyou:

Embryodad

Today is clean out the fridge day. Some choice words flying around here, and it's not "What The Fridge!"

As far as what's for supper all depends on how swollen MY lips are after this purgatory day works out.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The bean soup was really good, but I'm bean souped out. Tonight is air fryer wings and celery sticks with Ranch.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I used Pillsbury butter crescents this time.
Really good.
The sausages were excellent tasting!
Veggie tots are Green Giant sweet potato/cauliflower.
The vegs salad is dressed with Panera balsamic vinaigrette.
Lots left for work and sharing tomorrow.

nct20200511_174507-1152x1152.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Today is clean out the fridge day. Some choice words flying around here, and it's not "What The Fridge!"

As far as what's for supper all depends on how swollen MY lips are after this purgatory day works out.

Somebody is on a tear :D. I get it. I was on one a few days ago.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I looked for some of those veggie tots, Sass. I can't find them right now, maybe later.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
The neighbor's Shells were very nice.... Not pretty, but very nice !

Meat & Cheese-Stuffed Shells, Macaroni Salad...

Stuffed Shells, Debbie's.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
DD made Cioppino tonight- Mussels, Crab, Shrimp, Lobster, Fish, Bay Scallops, & Pearl Onions. Wow- My DD is an amazing cook.

Attachments

• 1 Cioppino.jpg
    1 Cioppino.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 114

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I had rigatoni and meatballs last night.

Unsure what's for dinner tonight.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Two things..... had Cous Cous for the very first time today.....
I don't think I liked it !

Shrimp, Grape Tomatoes and Green Beans in Cous Cous.... Side Salad...

Shrimp & Cous cous .jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Couscous salad with scallions, peppers, poblano, corn, black beans and a cumin spiced vinaigrette. We added leftover pork roast, but it would be vegan otherwise. Garnish of avocado slices with thin red onion slices.

LT, you have to put some kind of dressing or fat on couscous, otherwise it eats dry and not very pleasant.

Attachments

• 2020-05-12 18.44.58.jpg
    2020-05-12 18.44.58.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 104

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I went to HMart Korean food store. (this was my first shopping trip since Feb. 29. No lines outside or at check out) I picked up ground pork shoulder. DD went to 99 Ranch Market and picked up fresh wonton wrapper. I made homemade pork wontons. The fresh wrappers are so delicate. DD boiled them then pan fried them in a no stick pan with very little oil. DD also did a vegetable stir fry. I also made dipping sauces.

stir_fry_wontons_051220_IMG_6852.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
NCT members introduced me to Israeli couscous, which is a lot larger than regular. I love it.

See photo of it mixed with some spinach, below.

Peep, your Asian meal looks incredible!

Lee

Attachments

• couscous.JPG
    couscous.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 122

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
NCT members introduced me to Israeli couscous, which is a lot larger than regular. I love it.

See photo of it mixed with some spinach, below.

Peep, your Asian meal looks incredible!

Lee

Thank you Lee.

I've never had couscous. Yours good with the spinach. It looks like acini di pepe.