Our Gastronomy - Sunday April 19 to Saturday 25 ?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Subway was closed, so I went to Wendy's and got the spicy bbq chicken sandwich with muenster cheese.
20200422_195706-768x768.jpg

Embryodad

I had BLT's 1 and 1/2
DD did chicken wings in the air fryer
I had 3 really crispy ones.... Ready for my dessert and a coffee now.
Walmart 50 cent apple pie. Gosh, they are good.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Back to work today, so no cooking for me.
If the current trend means anything, a local business will more than likely be bringing in food and treats for staff.
Which we appreciate greatly.
:respect:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Duck breast, we shared 1 cause I wasn't real hungry, spicy cherry chutney, and rice pilaf. It's been a long time since I made rice pilaf and I forgot how much I like it! The cherry chutney was really nice with the duck.

I'd love to know what's in your chutney. I often do a cherry gastrique with duck breast, but would like to try the chutney.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I posted this to facebook the other day, and a couple of you saw it, but I wasn't allowed to post the explanation. Sous chef would have been embarrassed. She was telling a friend what we had for our anniversary dinner, and described it as chicken with sour balls. Although capers are one of her favorite things, she just couldn't remember what they were. I had to explain, and we all had a big laugh. She begged me not to put it on Facebook. Well, she doesn't visit here, so I'm safe sharing the joke.

Chicken piccatta.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1587647358731.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587647358731.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 126
  • FB_IMG_1587647353445.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587647353445.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 125

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Silver Sage- Glad to see ya again-
Liver,Onions, w/ Mushrooms.
Over Rice

Attachments

• 3 dinl.jpg
    3 dinl.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 120

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight's Effort-
Air Fryer Pork loin Chop on a blanket of Sauerkraut
Skillet hominy, Buttered Carrots, and a Salad, of course...

Pork Loin, Air Fryer, Skillet Hominy.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Meatloaf, mashies and green beans. I've always made meatloaf with bread crumbs/panade, but we decided to try oats this time since we had them. Think we'll be making it that way from now on.

Attachments

• 2020-04-23 18.47.59.jpg
    2020-04-23 18.47.59.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 117

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Silversage, I saw your Facebook post and wondered if the dish was picatta or something else. I would describe capers as "salty balls". :)

Med, I am interested in using oats in meatloaf. Is it just regular oatmeal? Same amount as you would use bread crumbs?

Lee

Embryodad

Had a banquet salisbury steak with the side of mac and cheese.
I wasn't going to waste the gravy; so I wiped it all up with a hamburger roll.
That dinner was SOoooo delicious. Not enough though! ( For me anyway ).

I made a shackshuka for Tina. And DD made shrimp and broccoli.

Tina picked up 2 medium sized eggplants. That will be tomorrows dinner.
What to make with them??? I want eggplant rollatini. She wants moussaka.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
:)

Med, I am interested in using oats in meatloaf. Is it just regular oatmeal? Same amount as you would use bread crumbs?

Lee

A lot more, 3/4 cup to 1.5 lbs g. Beef. Used the Quaker Oats recipe with a few mods, like adding about 3/4 cup chopped mushrooms, chopping onions instead of grating and sauteeing veges in some olive oil as I was using lean ground beef.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I posted this to facebook the other day, and a couple of you saw it, but I wasn't allowed to post the explanation. Sous chef would have been embarrassed. She was telling a friend what we had for our anniversary dinner, and described it as chicken with sour balls. Although capers are one of her favorite things, she just couldn't remember what they were. I had to explain, and we all had a big laugh. She begged me not to put it on Facebook. Well, she doesn't visit here, so I'm safe sharing the joke.

Chicken piccatta.
Holy cow!
I'd eat your chicken piccatta, and I don't even like capers.
:clap:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This is delicious.
But! The recipe is one of the usual uncomplicated ones floating around out there, on cdkitchen.
I should have stuck to the one I found on Facebook.
This calls for 4 oz cream cheese stirred in at the end.
Fine, but it didn't melt all the way, even after 15 minutes of additional cooking!
Served it over mash.

20200424_170422-1152x1152.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I made a recipe once that added cream cheese in at the end for creaminess. It didn't melt either. Don't remember what it was, but know I said I'd never do that again.

Vegetarian Mexican spaghetti with a sauce made of ground toasted almonds, roasted poblanos, garlic, oregano, spinach and crema. It's been a really long time since we had this and I told Craig we need to make it more often.

Attachments

• 2020-04-24 17.58.33.jpg
    2020-04-24 17.58.33.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 98

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, for the oatmeal-in-the-meatloaf tip, Med! Your pasta looks wonderful!

Sass, your stroganoff looks wonderful, too!

I might be hungry, but they do look terrific!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Shrimp & Mussels over Pasta, Fire-Roasted Tomatoes & Garlic Butter Broth,,,
SoS- Blue Cheese

Shrimp & Mussels in aTomato-Garlic Broth.jpg

Embryodad

Jimmy, that looks delicious and beautiful on that plate!
:smile:
Thank you Sass.
I like the same way to eat the eggplant like peeps makes it. She was the inspiration to make it the way she does....( by the way, I see peeps has not posted lately. We are hoping and praying she is not ill )...
I don't like eggplant swimming in tomato sauce.

There were only two half way decent ones Tina picked up from an Aldi's store. The selection was poor,looking for two amongst bruised and rotted ones. Luckily, the fruit was delicious.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Working the weekend, so no cooking here.
I've got some leftovers from yesterday which I'll take with me.
Undoubtedly we're going to be food treated again from a local.
It's been that way for weeks now.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I don't like eggplant swimming in sauce either and got to where I refused to eat eggplant parm, which is one of Craig's faves. Then, saw on FN long, long ago where 1 of the chefs stacked them individually like napoleans, layering with a little sauce, fresh moz, and a basil leaf, then in the oven just long enough to warm through and melt cheese. Hmm, might be a meal to add to the next rotation!

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
It was really hot here yesterday-
This is all I wanted for dinner.

Attachments

• 5sal.jpg
    5sal.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 91

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We were supposed to have manicotti, but I got the bright idea to use oven ready lasagna sheets to use as the tubes and they were taking forever to soften enough to roll, so I asked Craig how about a lasagna. So that's what we had plus a green salad and the garlic bread.

Attachments

• 2020-04-25 18.47.22.jpg
    2020-04-25 18.47.22.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 92

Embryodad

IMG_1847.jpg

Supper was made by Ms. Stouffer cooked a salisbury steak and mac and cheese. They are tasty little dinners.
A tomato salad hit the spot too!