Need help in how to post a picture taken with my cell phone

Ian M.

Hey guys - I'm the first to admit that I'm pretty incompetent when it comes to trying to do fancy stuff with either a camera or a computer. So could (or would) anyone be willing to walk me through how I go about taking a picture of something I made or Fallon made, with my cell phone - just about the only camera I'm resonably good with, and then posting the picture on NCT? I honestly don't have a clue. And if anyone can help me, please be sure to instruct so that a kid of 5 or 6 could understand because that's about my level of understanding of this particular "mode". Incidently, I do know enough to know that I'd have to upload the picture from the cell phone into my computer - and I've done that before and got it right, so that's not a problem for me. Then what do I do to post it on NCT? That's where my breakdown comes.
Thanks in advance. :huh:

Ian

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Incidently, I do know enough to know that I'd have to upload the picture from the cell phone into my computer - and I've done that before and got it right, so that's not a problem for me. Then what do I do to post it on NCT? That's where my breakdown comes.

Ian

Start a new thread or a reply.

Click on the paper clip next to smiley face above

Find the picture file on your computer

Upload it

If you want it somewhere in the post other than the end click on the paper clip and select an option which will bring the image info to your message. Move it around at will.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well....you learn something new everyday! I've always used the "Go Advanced" button, then under "Additional Options" click on "manage attachments" and then when the little window pops up, I upload my pics. Your way seems much easier though Buzz....figures I find the more complicated way to do it :pat:. I always wondered how people were putting pics in different places within their posts :lol:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
There is a thread explaining the options from a year or so ago - I'll do a search.

Edit - didn't find it but any questions regarding picture posting will be specifically addressed.

Last edited:

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Start a new thread or a reply.

Click on the paper clip next to smiley face above

Find the picture file on your computer

Upload it

If you want it somewhere in the post other than the end click on the paper clip and select an option which will bring the image info to your message. Move it around at will.

So glad you are helping with this. I see smiley face but not paper clip! I am clueless and would like to post pictures too.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
It's not available in Quick Reply so you must choose "Go Advanced"

In posting a new thread it's available already.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's right here:

Attachments

• paperclip.jpg
    paperclip.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 28

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
The top of the right hand barb of the arrow looks like someone flipping the bird. RU being subtle......????? :yum:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
:yum: Well...now that you mention it, it does sorta look like that doesn't it. :yum:

Ian M.

You guys are absolutely amazing! I did have to read through all of the information a couple of times before I got the sense of it but now I think I can probably manage to do it without inflicting self-injury! Thank you all so much. Incidently, after nearly a three hour wait I did finally find my wife this afternoon - out walking in the snow and going to the store and the library - both activities which the doctor and I had forbidden her to do for a few days. I yelled at her on the phone and was really winding up to full roar when I made my stupid mistake and ended up with both of us coming unglued. While I was in full roar I was "looking for my cell phone" at the same time and couldn't find it anywhere. The louder I roared, the less able I was to find the phone and told my wife it simply was lost since it wasn't where I usually set it down. She, lovely, kind soul that she is, calmly asked me if I had just called her on my bongo drum? I was, otherwise, probably holding my cell phone in my hand! I felt like a complete idiot - ever get that mad at somebody for doing something you thought was pretty far out there and you end up making a fool of yourself over it? She's not going to let me live this one down for awhile and I guess I deserve it, huh? To my credit, I did drive over to the library to pick her up - no way was I going to let her walk all the way back to the apartment!

Ian

Ian M.

Thanks so much, Doc. That information is very easy to understand and will really be a help. Now all I have to do is get some photos taken of things over the next while. I wish I could have gotten some good ones of the dessert Fallon made on Saturday - a really beautiful eclair - but it was either eat it or take pictures of it and I don't need to tell you how that turned out! :whistling:

Ian

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just tried to upload a pic from my iphone. Safari would not give me that option. :angry:

tapatalk should give that option and I had it on my phone but ...not anymore. My last upgrade i must've dropped that inadvertently. So, I emailed the pic to myself and uploaded the pic from my PC. Kind of a hassle but it only took me about 30 seconds longer. So that would be an option for you to Ian, if you don't use tapatalk and want to upload pics from you phone, without hooking directly to the computer and downloading them all to your PC, you can just email the one you want to post and upload it from your PC.
Here is a link to the pic I uploaded. A delicious shaker lemon pie. Mmmmmm good. :D
http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=258301#post258301

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Tapatalk is easy to upload/post a pic. Just click the camera button and they host it for you or give the option of the forum hosting it.
42576044-1dc1-d3a3.jpg

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Hey guys - I'm the first to admit that I'm pretty incompetent when it comes to trying to do fancy stuff with either a camera or a computer. So could (or would) anyone be willing to walk me through how I go about taking a picture of something I made or Fallon made, with my cell phone - just about the only camera I'm resonably good with, and then posting the picture on NCT? I honestly don't have a clue. And if anyone can help me, please be sure to instruct so that a kid of 5 or 6 could understand because that's about my level of understanding of this particular "mode". Incidently, I do know enough to know that I'd have to upload the picture from the cell phone into my computer - and I've done that before and got it right, so that's not a problem for me. Then what do I do to post it on NCT? That's where my breakdown comes.

Ian

If all the other stuff isn't working, you can always use Flicker or Photobucket. Once you get it from your phone to your computer, it's easy to get it to Photobucket or Flicker and very easy to post from either of those sites to here. Just another option :)