Asparagus, Ricotta and Egg Pizza - FAIL!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Not all of my oddball dishes turn out brilliantly. This was a "fail".

The pizza dough was very uncooperative, and I couldn't roll it out. Might have to do with the fact that I had frozen it for a week or two?

Crust was raw except for the very bottom. Egg whites were rubbery.

The idea is good, and I could probably work on getting it better .... but I won't.

Lee

Here is the recipe and technique: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/asparagus-ricotta-egg-pizza-50400000136548/

Attachments

• Egg pizza 1.JPG
    Egg pizza 1.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Egg pizza 2.JPG
    Egg pizza 2.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Egg pizza 3.JPG
    Egg pizza 3.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 124

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
giggle - that dough does appear to have fought you!

for a thousand years I used a plain ole' flat rolling pin for everything - then I picked up a tapered pin aka "French" style. it does a much better job at rolling out round things.

I put the small end about the center, the max diameter about along the edge, roll & turn - the taper causes it to roll in a circle and it really does work better.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
hehe. we have those fails. oops. concept is great, & that pie is very, um, unique-looking.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The best luck that I've had with pizza dough was with a dough ball that had been in the refrigerator overnight, maybe two nights. I took it out and let it come back almost to room temperature and rolled it, let it rest for about 15 minutes, and rolled some more.

I don't even own a rolling pin. I use an empty wine bottle.

Every time I try to make the dough and use it right away, I get weird shapes. Still tastes good :).

I've read on other forums where people will say something like...two-day fermented dough or two-day fermentation...when they're talking about pizza dough.