Spinach, dried cranberries, walnuts, blue cheese salad

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And paper-thin slices of red onion!

Now, this is a salad that I would never try on my own, since I'm a firm believer in keeping fruit out of my savory dishes.

But DR loves the salad, so I agreed to try it. I LOVED it!

She had some sort of bottled pomegranite dressing (ick), and I had a little blue cheese dressing.

This has probably been posted before, but I can't find it.

The blue cheese chunks went so well with the other flavors ... I was floored!

Lee

Attachments

• Spinach, fruit, nut and cheese salad.JPG
    Spinach, fruit, nut and cheese salad.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 516

SilverSage

Resident Crone
That looks great. I just love mixing cheese, fruit & nuts into green salads. It adds complexity.

The bitter bite of the nuts, the saltiness of the cheese, the sweetness of the fruit, the sour of the vinegar is so much like the balance in Thai cooking.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Hey!! with the exception of the type of greens ( I use leaf) and nut (I use pecans) this is my Harvest salad!!!

It's wonderful!! I love fruit and nuts in a salad!

And paper-thin slices of red onion!

Now, this is a salad that I would never try on my own, since I'm a firm believer in keeping fruit out of my savory dishes.

But DR loves the salad, so I agreed to try it. I LOVED it!

She had some sort of bottled pomegranite dressing (ick), and I had a little blue cheese dressing.

This has probably been posted before, but I can't find it.

The blue cheese chunks went so well with the other flavors ... I was floored!

Lee

My kind of salad. With the exception of the butternut squash - very similar to this one:

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=250736&postcount=6

Butternut Squash Salad w/ Hazelnuts & Blue Cheese
(You can change it out & add the ingredients you like, i.e. goat cheese, walnuts, pomegranate etc.)

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/butternut-squash-salad-00100000066902/index.html

View attachment 14370

Photo credit Lee Hubbard, Real Simple.[/QUOTE]

Leni

Trader Joe's carries a salad like that. It's baby spinach, dried cranberries, sugared pecans, and blue cheese with a rspberry vinegarette. I have yet to find anyone who does not like it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
the network of hospitals here have 'em, too, in thier cafeterias & 'lil food shops. they put chix, a layer of frissee & mandarin oranges in thiers, too, though. ummmmmm-um!