Wed, 10-12~What's on the food table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I want to try out the bread machine. So maybe some pizza dough and a loaf of multigrain bread. Then again I never know what will happen. LOL

Embryodad

I don't know....I don't care what they eat for supper.

DD is here and between DD and DW they are in a "raggy" mood..et-al.

I am trying not to get in the middle..

DD brought left over pork chops she pan cooked in gravy. Tough and hard as a rock. Didn't cook them slow and long...

DW has Ground pork thawing. I asked, and a snippy answer was"Pork Burgers!"... OK?
DW's Chicken stew whatever will be outside to feed the animals. I don't think she even liked it.

OMG...DD is giving DW a pedicure...
I'm mooooving out of sight. lol lol

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I want to try out the bread machine. So maybe some pizza dough and a loaf of multigrain bread. Then again I never know what will happen. LOL
OK wish me luck. LOL J/K I am making my first bread machine pizza dough. I added some herbs and spices also plus a combo of whole wheat flour, AP flour and wheat germ. SO it will be pizza tonight if all goes well.

Embryodad

OK wish me luck. LOL J/K I am making my first bread machine pizza dough. I added some herbs and spices also plus a combo of whole wheat flour, AP flour and wheat germ. SO it will be pizza tonight if all goes well.
I may have missed it peep....????

Is this a New machine?? ... What Kind if so?..

Or is it one that you dug out of the closet? hahahah...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I may have missed it peep....????

Is this a New machine?? ... What Kind if so?..

Or is it one that you dug out of the closet? hahahah...
I found it when cleaning my mom's house after she passed. It was in storage for the last 5 years.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Lunch – Salad with sliced baked chicken breast

101211_salad_chicken.jpg

Embryodad

I found it when cleaning my mom's house after she passed. It was in storage for the last 5 years.
We bought one..huh!... and it made uh...let's see...I would say 5 loaves. Two were failures. It sits Brand New... In the little green room (Stash whatever fits room)... and I am waiting for DW to buy the right flour. Its recipe's all call for Bread Flour. I had some, but it was stale, and did not work right.

It's the Japanese one...?? I can't think of the name now. It makes full rectangular loaves. The bread is good if the flour and yeast is fresh.
I may have to drag it out again. The darn thing cost like 240.00

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
This is a Sunbeam and makes square 1 lb loaves. Well I think it does. LOL This is the first time I have EVER used a bread machine and I am just doing dough this time.

Embryodad

Lots Of Luck peep.
I'm sure you will let us know the pro's and cons if any!...

I'm from old school..hahaha...It took me A long time to use the dough hook on the stand mixer.

Carolina Cooking

We bought one..huh!... and it made uh...let's see...I would say 5 loaves. Two were failures. It sits Brand New... In the little green room (Stash whatever fits room)... and I am waiting for DW to buy the right flour. Its recipe's all call for Bread Flour. I had some, but it was stale, and did not work right.

It's the Japanese one...?? I can't think of the name now. It makes full rectangular loaves. The bread is good if the flour and yeast is fresh.
I may have to drag it out again. The darn thing cost like 240.00

wow that is one find bread maker .Zojirushi.. Its the top of the line.
Bread flour is the flour to make great pizza dough & bread in general.
so sad I can't use mine. :sad:

Attachments

• 234-1.jpg
    234-1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 141

Embryodad

Nothing cooked today..
Supper for me was some cheese slapped between two slices of bread, and some hot peppers on the side.
I don't know what DW had or is having. She heated something in the microwave??........

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Good luck Peepers!

Nice machine CC! I only use mine for the dough cycle. Mine makes the square loaves too and I don't like the look of the loaves so I shape my own.

Here's dinner tonight:

Attachments

• dinner10122011.jpg
    dinner10122011.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 289

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good luck Peepers!

Nice machine CC! I only use mine for the dough cycle. Mine makes the square loaves too and I don't like the look of the loaves so I shape my own.

Here's dinner tonight:
BEAUTIFUL Mama!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Man making the dough was easy peasy!! I made 2 pizzas with it. Next I will split into 3 or 4 because it was to thick for my liking.

Dinner - Pizza (Whole wheat and herb dough)

101211_pizza.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! The pizza looks great! You're gonna love that machine. It takes all of the work out of making bread.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! The pizza looks great! You're gonna love that machine. It takes all of the work out of making bread.
Thank you Mama.

I have a recipe for kaiser rolls which I am thinking of trying the next time I make cheeseburgers.

Leni

I also have the Zojirushi and love it. It makes the traditional shaped loaf. The house smells so good while the bread is baking.

Dinner tonight is leftovers. It's clean out the refrig day.

Embryodad

Good luck Peepers!

Here's dinner tonight:

NICE MEAL MAMA... The mashed and gravy looks great.

Man making the dough was easy peasy!! I made 2 pizzas with it. Next I will split into 3 or 4 because it was to thick for my liking.

Dinner - Pizza (Whole wheat and herb dough)

Peep...the pizza looks great!

You know what I just found that works great on rolling out the pizza...either round or rectangular in 1/2 sheet pans...???

A Marble Pastry roller. I bought the wooden version for DD, and she loves it.
I just start with patting out the dough to like 8" diameter by hand...then use the roller from center to edge a little at the time as the dough gets larger in diameter.

I just oil the roller; which is like 6 inches x 1-1/2" diameter, and WOW what a great tool.
The pizza dough doesn't become hard from working and stretching it so much either.
It rolls out so much nicer, and the crust is crispy but not tough!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
NICE MEAL MAMA... The mashed and gravy looks great.

Peep...the pizza looks great!

You know what I just found that works great on rolling out the pizza...either round or rectangular in 1/2 sheet pans...???

A Marble Pastry roller. I bought the wooden version for DD, and she loves it.
I just start with patting out the dough to like 8" diameter by hand...then use the roller from center to edge a little at the time as the dough gets larger in diameter.

I just oil the roller; which is like 6 inches x 1-1/2" diameter, and WOW what a great tool.
The pizza dough doesn't become hard from working and stretching it so much either.
It rolls out so much nicer, and the crust is crispy but not tough!
Thank you Jimmy.

Nancy-MD

Great looking meals, everyone!

My daughter had her baby yesterday. Emma Rose, 11 lbs. 4 oz., 22-1/2 inches long. Our first grandchild. I'll be going to NC on Saturday. I was too - I don't know exactly what I was yesterday, excited, anxious, etc. - but I did take a picture but didn't post.

Yesterday's supper was mini meatloaves with onion and mushroom gravy, and herbed rice.
Tonight's supper was a roasted whole chicken with stuffing, and fresh corn cut off the cob, pan gravy, cranberry sauce. I like the dark meat, I always take the wings and a thigh.

Attachments

• 10.11.11 mini meatloaves in onion mushroom gravy 003.jpg
    10.11.11 mini meatloaves in onion mushroom gravy 003.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 10.12.11 roasted chicken.jpg
    10.12.11 roasted chicken.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 96