Brie and Asparagus in Phyllo

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This recipe by Robert Irvine was excellent! Honestly, what's not to like?

Next time I would use thicker asparagus spears.

Lee

Brie and Asparagus in Phyllo
Copyright, 2007, Robert Irvine, All rights reserved
See this recipe on air Sunday Mar. 18 at 4:30 PM ET/PT.

5 or 6 sheets phyllo dough (based on 18 by 14-inch sheets which are often sold in packs of 18 to 20 for thickness, number 4)
1 cup melted butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 small wheel brie cheese (about 8 ounces), cut into 16 mini-wedges
16 asparagus tips, blanched
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Make sure phyllo is completely defrosted. Keep the phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent it from drying out when you are making the appetizers.

Lightly butter one sheet of phyllo with butter, using a pastry brush. Fold sheet in half, butter again. Keep re-buttering and folding in half (probably 3 "folds" total) until you have a rectangle with dimensions close to 4 by 4 inches. Cut into 3 sections.

Sprinkle Parmesan on each piece of dough. Crumble a bit of brie on each. Lay asparagus tip on top and roll dough around asparagus. The tip of the asparagus should show out of the end. Repeat to make 16 pieces. Lay all pieces out on a cookie sheet. Brush each piece with still MORE butter and bake in oven until golden brown.

homecook

Oh Lordy!! You got me. I will be trying these!!!!!! I've got some asparagus in the fridge as we type. lol This may be on the menu tomorrow.

PanchoHambre

That looks great... I have always done brie in phyllo as a whole brie... this format looks fantastic...

you can put pretty much anything in side brie and phyllo and it will be amazing.