1 bag spinach
2 slices fontina cheese
1 Tbsp basil, chiffonade
2 tsp balsamic rosemary glaze
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Mise en place

Chop pancetta into ¼ inch dice.
Slice mushrooms into ¼ inch slices.
Place your hand firmly on the top of the chicken breast and using a long knife slice through it horizontally. You will now have 2 chicken breast filets. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
Chop shallots finely.
Warm balsamic glaze in microwave.
Clean spinach and drain well.

Cooking

Heat 1 tablespoon olive in skillet until it just starts to smoke. Add about 1/3 of the diced pancetta and saute until fat is rendered and it is slightly crisp and golden.

Add chicken filets, nicest side down, and cook until golden brown. Turn over and cook on the other side until it is cooked through. Remove to a dish and lay fontina slices on top. Cover with foil and set aside to keep warm and help melt the cheese.

Add the remaining oil to the pan along with ½ of the remaining pancetta. When the fat starts to render, add ½ of the shallots. Cook until translucent. Add the mushrooms and saute over medium high heat until nicely browned. Remove to a dish and set aside.

Add the remaining pancetta and shallots to the pan and render the fat and cook until the shallots are translucent. Add the spinach. Pour in any juices from the resting chicken and mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, and turn until wilted. Make sure you mix the pancetta and shallots with the spinach as you wilt it.

Assembly

Place the spinach on each plate. Top with a chicken filet. Spoon the mushrooms over the top of the cheese. Drizzle a teaspoon of the balsamic glaze over each serving.

Dress each portion with a chiffonade of basil at the last minute.

Servings: 2

Balsamic Rosemary Glaze

½ cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
1 sprig rosemary

Put everything in a small saucepan and bring to a very low simmer. Continue to cook until reduced to a thick glaze.

Servings: 12
Yield: 1/4 cup

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,127
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,155
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,145
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,118

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Re: Chicken Apollo for SilverSage

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeutiful!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

I am blown away, SS! That chicken looks better than anything I've ever had in a restaurant! Thank you so much for the pics so I can see how it should look - I will definitely make this. And BTW, you are an amazing photographer!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

was the name inspired by the moon launch?

Cooksie

Site Supporter

That looks fantastic. I have been using a "Giada" recipe for balsamic chicken, but now I must try this. Picture is beautiful too :smile:.

Deelady

OH MY....don't know how I missed this one!!! Definately in my save file!!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

What Deelady said!

Thanks, SS!

Lee

Deelady

That looks fantastic. I have been using a "Giada" recipe for balsamic chicken, but now I must try this. Picture is beautiful too :smile:.

Are you talking about Giadas drummetts?? If so I make those at MOST of my get-togethers! I LOVE THEM!!!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

Are you SURE you're not a professional chef??!! Bellisimo!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That photo of the rosemary glaze is just lovely!

Lee