Let’s Talk … Salads

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Let’s Talk … Salads
Please share your favorite Hot or Cold, Sweet or Savory Salads. Pictures and recipes (please post link to your recipe if you posted one) are optional but always welcome. There is no time limit on these threads so add recipes whenever you feel like it.

Let's have some fun!

Lets_talk_salads.jpg

(If anyone has any topic, suggestions please post)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Peep, they are all beautiful and amazing-looking!

The presentation of the mac salad with the rosette and parsley is particularly stunning!

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peep, they are all beautiful and amazing-looking!

The presentation of the mac salad with the rosette and parsley is particularly stunning!

Lee

Thank you Lee. In your opinion which one looks better - the first (parsley leaves) or second (chopped parsley)? It's fun and I like to do it.
But I don't think my family is impressed. LOL :blob_blue:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Lee. In your opinion which one looks better - the first (parsley leaves) or second (chopped parsley)? It's fun and I like to do it.

If we’re voting I’m for the chopped parsley. :thumb:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Peeps, hope you and family like the corn and black bean salad.

I'm a tweener on the mac salad presentation. I'd continue to put some of the parsley leaves around the rosette and add some chopped around the outside. Most eaters are just going to pick out the large parsley leaves but mix in the chopped.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps, hope you and family like the corn and black bean salad.

I'm a tweener on the mac salad presentation. I'd continue to put some of the parsley leaves around the rosette and add some chopped around the outside. Most eaters are just going to pick out the large parsley leaves but mix in the chopped.

I like both also.

Thank you so much for the recipe. A keeper for sure. It's a hit and will be going on my New Years menu. And any other menu that revolves around salads and dip.

My DD#1 is a picky eater some times. BUT she kept going back for more of the "new" salad. I chopped the avocado splashed it with lime and added it to the salad. Hub and DD#1 love it. DD#2 is working so hasn't tried it yet.

I used fresh corn cut off the cob in the freezer. I used that. Didn't even thaw it.

bean_corn_salad_avocado_052520_IMG_6902.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Oh, without a doubt, the parsley leaves! Looks so much like a flower!

_I_ am impressed!

Lee