dinner, Wednesday, 2/8/12

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i just woke so i dunno. seeing if i can get to the 'iggle tonite. decide from there. jik, i'll get something on the thaw.

yinz dinners~

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Re: dinner, thursday, 2/8/12

I've got to make a Sam's run, so I'm going to pick up a rotisserie chicken and make some cornbread dressing.

Can't find the lunch thread. Here's my early lunch - French Onion Soup:

FrenchOnionSoup-1.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter

Making short ribs for dinner tonight. Pretty much as I did a while back. We are serving them over broad noodles. Haven't decided yet if to serve with a salad or a vegetable. Pictures are from last time I got some like these.

Attachments

• Ribs.jpg
    Ribs.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Ribs1.jpg
    Ribs1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Ribs2.jpg
    Ribs2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 135

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Wow!! Cooksie and Joe you have me drooling!!

It will be Swanson's chicken ala king, brown rice and frozen green beans for dinner tonight.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
just made a quick lunch of cheese ravioli, tomato/pesto sauce, frozen italian veggies, & a salad.
cooksie, that's lovely lunch-soup!
handsome plate, joe.

Embryodad

I'm so full.

DW's brother and wife stopped by for lunch whilst on their way home from PA.

We had a whole pan of Lasagna (again ).. and a chicken roasted.
salad and bread and all kinds of desserts. *Pufffff*!"

I don't want to see lasagna for at least a month.

They went home with all the leftover stuff. Thank God!.

Embryodad

Making short ribs for dinner tonight. Pretty much as I did a while back. We are serving them over broad noodles. Haven't decided yet if to serve with a salad or a vegetable. Pictures are from last time I got some like these.

The best lookin ribs are right there on your pic joec.

I love them.

joec

Gold Site Supporter

The best lookin ribs are right there on your pic joec.

I love them.

Yes got the batch in the picture from Whole Foods last time I made then and got 8 more just like them this time also. Last time I made as shown in the picture was Baked Orzo which I tried for the first time then. It wasn't too bad either. Below is tonights version also made previously with brussel sprouts.

Attachments

• Orzo2.jpg
    Orzo2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3345 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3345 (Small).JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 109

Guts

cooksie I can't stop looking at your French onion soup. I haven't had any in many years. It looks absolutely delicious.

Joec the short ribs and noodles with brussels sprouts. What's not to like about that damn I'm getting hungry now.

I had 2 pints of a very good "vegetarian" chili in the freezer that we'd enjoyed a while ago. So to give it a new lease on life, I browned up a 1/2 pound of ground turkey along with 2 chopped Chipotles in Adobo suace, & added in my 2 frozen pints of veggie chili, & the whole mess is simmering away at the moment. Will spoon it into chili bowls, top it with crushed tortilla chips & cheese, & pop it into the oven to melt. Will then serve with the usual toppings - chopped lettuce, more cheese, sour cream, etc., etc. - we always have a plethora of this stuff on hand.

Hubby just walked through the door a few moments ago, so I'm letting him relax with a gin & tonic & some cheese & crackers before serving dinner. :)
He has tomorrow off, so for once there's no rush to have to gulp down dinner in order to get to sleep on time. Sigh.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
get well, belaine! pancho, when that chiili's cooked, i'd appreciate a container or 50. my address is- 123 pleasesendmesomesomechili ave.
thankxpancho, PA 45678:readytoeat:

i have a strip steak thawed. i think that & some pesto carrots or maybe i'll make a beurre blanc or beurre noisette to have on them & some extra-petite brussels sprouts. if i'm that ambitious @ 3 or 4 in the morning. may as well use the last of that blue cheese on my steak otherwise. we'll see.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Everyones food sounds awesome and looks fantastic!!

I had the chix ala king over green beans and brown rice. It was yummy!!

get well, belaine! pancho, when that chiili's cooked, i'd appreciate a container or 50. my address is- 123 pleasesendmesomesomechili ave.
thankxpancho, PA 45678:readytoeat:

i have a strip steak thawed. i think that & some pesto carrots or maybe i'll make a beurre blanc or beurre noisette to have on them & some extra-petite brussels sprouts. if i'm that ambitious @ 3 or 4 in the morning. may as well use the last of that blue cheese on my steak otherwise. we'll see.
OK luvs I would love a strip steak and blue cheese. Please send it to:
Bo Peep
1234 lovemystripsteak st.
thanxluvs, NJ 01234!! LOL

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
On the road again tonight's dinner consisted of 3 eggrolls,fries and a Bacon cheeseburger from crack in the sack I mean Jack in the box. Not picture worthy. Lol

custom signature goes here___________________ :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'll get some dry ice & a foam cooler, hehe, peepz. cute!

bam, u make me laugh!