Enlightened Grilled Glazed Chicken

one 3.5-4 lb. chicken, cut into 10 serving pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
S&P
1/4 cup Penzey's Raspberry Enlightenment
1/4 cup blackberry jam
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. Fig & Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar

Heat grill to medium-high. Brush chicken pieces with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Grill skin-side down for 10 minutes or so to brown the skin well. Turn and grill another 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, to make glaze, whisk together Raspberry Enlightenment, blackberry jam, Dijon mustard and fig-balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Reserve half of mixture in a small serving bowl.

After 20 minutes of grilling chicken, turn grill to low. Brush skin side with glaze, turn over, and grill 3-5 minutes to caramelize glaze a bit; be careful not to burn it. Glaze bottom side of chicken pieces, turn and grill just a minute or two. Remove to a platter, tent loosely with foil, and let rest 5 minutes. Serve with grilled veggies, passing remaining glaze at the table.

Attachments

• glazed-chicken-1048w.jpg
    glazed-chicken-1048w.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 149

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Wowie, zowie, GG! That sounds (and looks) incredible! I've never heard of the Raspberry Enlightenment, before. Is it a kind of sauce? I know you posted a link, but it didn't have a pic.

GotGarlic

Thanks, Q and Homecook and FM :smile:

FM, Raspberry Enlightenment is probably just raspberry jam, but I was taken in by the marketing hype and the photo on the label. It's darn good stuff, though.

Attachments

• raspberry-enlightenment.jpg
    raspberry-enlightenment.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 140

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Incredible! You know I'm going to be doing this. One more thing for the grill!! :clap:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I've never had anything like this before. It sounds so different I'll have to try it. Thanks.

GotGarlic

Cool, Buzz, let me know how you like it. btw, it occurred to me that I should say regular balsamic vinegar can be used, but I made a salad dressing with the fig-balsamic that was incredible, so if you are a vinegar fiend like me, order it!