What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The bacon cheeseburger sliders came out great! I steamed the buns to soften them up before putting them together.

Attachments

• dinner10272012-3.jpg
    dinner10272012-3.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 279

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I've had a taste for rye bread for awhile, so I took this rainy Sunday to make a loaf and a dozen sandwich thins. They sure are tasty, as I made them with my Party Rye recipe.

Ryethins.jpg

Rye102812.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That looks soooo good Joe! I've got a couple of loaves of Italian Bread baking. I took your advice and put them in loaf pans this time.

Ian M.

Sure looks mighty good, Joe. DW is the bread baker in this family and I'll have to put a bug in her ear to make some rye bread for us.

Ian

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
remember that Gluten Free bread I made last week for my elderly customer? Well,I finished that job today, and after paying me for the work, she gave me this lovely plate of homemade apple strudel. It sooooo pays to be nice to the elderly. Oh, and it is DELICIOUS and very flaky.

Attachments

• Ms Kovacic strudel.jpg
    Ms Kovacic strudel.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 283

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We were almost out of bread, so I got busy and cranked out a loaf of Babka, a loaf of Honey whole wheat and a dozen sandwich thins.

BabkaBread110812.jpg

BabkaBread-1110812.jpg

HoneyWholeWheat111012.jpg

SandwichThinsWheat110812.jpg

SandwichThinsWheat-1110812.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
Dag, that bread looks GOOD, Joev!!

Your mixer is able to crank out THAT much bread batch after batch?!! Amazing!!!

I thought that they all were limited to 2 consecutives batches at a time.

QuirkyCookery

I'm planning to make an apple muffin of some sort. I'd like one with a streusel topping, but I'm struggling to find a recipe that looks great.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I made a double recipe of Italian thins & Italian twist bread on Sunday. Getting in the Christmas mood as DW decorated the house and brought out "Baker Santa.":chef:

Bread120212-3copy.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The cookies are all done! I made oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, peanut butter balls, candy cane cookies, peanut butter fudge, sugar cookies and pecan tassies. I gave 7 packages away as gifts, filled my Lazy Susan and have 3 more plates for the neighbors. I finished up all of the shopping today so now all that's left is to wrap the remaining gifts and clean the house!

Attachments

• christmas-cookies-2012.jpg
    christmas-cookies-2012.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 275

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holy cow, Mama!! What a lot of work!

They are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Beautiful job!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Lee! It was a lot of work but to see the joy they bring is well worth it :biggrin:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Made the breads for the Italian beef sandwiches, Hanky Panky's and sandwich bread.

Italiansourdoughbaguette122312.jpg

Italiansourdoughbaguette122312-2.jpg

In the beginning was the dough...

RyeDough.jpg

RyeMiniLoaves122312.jpg

RyeMiniLoaves122312-2.jpg

And here's the reason I made the party rye...

HankyPanky122312.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Nice bread Joe. I am anxiously awaiting your answer to the above 2 questions also.

I baked a cheesecake and an apple pie but no pics.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Hanky Pankly's are a mixture of hamburger, mild pork sausage and Worcestershire sauce with Velveeta melted on top...or any variation thereof. We just use Jimmy Dean pork sausage and Velveeta. Most people put the mixture on Pepperidge Farm party rye, but I don't care for store bought bread with all the preservatives. I guess I'm just weird like that.

Ian M.

Nothing weird about it, Joe. When one has the kind of talent for bread baking that you have, why would they ever want to use a store bought and mass produced product shot full of preservatives and things nobody really ought to eat? Not to mention that yours would have ten times the flavor that any commercial bakery could ever produce! I so much wish I had such a talent as what you've got to make the gorgeous breads and rolls that you do routinely!

Incidently, thanks for the clarification of what you put on your party rye - that sounds absolutely out of this world! Hanky Pankys, huh? I love the sound of that...................

Thanks again for sharing -

Ian :chef:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Going to a house party tonight, so I made Hanky Pankys with my party rye (see above) and a batch of Epi Baguettes in plain and savory toppings.

EpiBaguette010513.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hanky Pankly's are a mixture of hamburger, mild pork sausage and Worcestershire sauce with Velveeta melted on top...or any variation thereof. We just use Jimmy Dean pork sausage and Velveeta. Most people put the mixture on Pepperidge Farm party rye, but I don't care for store bought bread with all the preservatives. I guess I'm just weird like that.

Joe, could you please post a photo of Hanky Panky's the next time you make them?

I'm thinking that I am going to add them to my file of hot FOOTBALL snacks. Just need a picture.

Thanks!

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.