Look What I Found Today!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
At a garage sale, in a box of books marked for $1.00 each.

It's in mint condition!
I asked the women if she really had a buck priced on it and she said "Yes, why is that too much to ask?" LOL
Apparently it was given to her 10 or so years ago and she never once looked inside it, but I sure have been.
Fannie is sitting in my kitchen now, alongside all the other cook books and treasures. :D

2011-07-18 21-26-58.556.jpg

2011-07-18 21-31-11.471.jpg

2011-07-18 21-31-23.420.jpg

2011-07-18 21-32-14.714.jpg

Deelady

I have recently seen that version (looks the same at least by the cover) in a catalog I order from (I just ordered an Amish cookbook and church suppers Taste of Home cookbook) I believe they were selling the Fannie Farmer at about 6 bucks.....

As far as Fannie Farmer, she holds a dear place in my heart! That was the cookbook my grandmother and father used for most of our Holiday dinners (prime Rib and Yorkshire Pudding as well as other favs!) I have the actual book they used but its falling apart so bad that I have to keep it in a zip lock bag! LOL

So no matter what was paid for it or where you found it, its a treasure in my eyes! :D

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Doesn't matter if I paid a dollar or .05 for it.
I was thrilled to find it and bring it home with me.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
:wow:

That is AWESOME!!! That book looks incredible and in such great condition! I'm jealous!! Wonderful find Sass!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It does Mama.. and they are simple- which is what I like.
Maybe I'll share a few that I have found as favourites sometime.