What are you eating Sunday, 7/5/2020 to Saturday, 7/11/2020?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I made 2.
The pictures aren't the best.

20200709_134300.jpg

20200709_134358.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Baby Octopus in a Szechuan Sauce over White Rice, Salad of Field Greens and Mandarin Sections with Sesame-Ginger Salad Dressing...

Baby Octopus Szechuan .jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Jimmy, I wish so badly that I could make liver and onions.
I despised it as a kid unless my Mother or Grandmother made it.
I don't know the recipe for the creamed brown gravy with mustard!

Lucky, delish!

Being in the "planning to cook more" mood, I've got crab cakes and homemade coleslaw on the menu tomorrow.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Tonight's dinner was a joint effort of penne with a sauce made with beef stock and red wine reduction, with pancetta, mushrooms, sage, rosemary, butter, Parm R, and pasta water. I told Craig I'd happily pay for that dish in a restaurant.

Attachments

• 2020-07-09 18.30.41.jpg
    2020-07-09 18.30.41.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 89

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
DD made pancakes topped with warm mixed fruit and syrup. Sour cream on the side.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight's dinner was a joint effort of penne with a sauce made with beef stock and red wine reduction, with pancetta, mushrooms, sage, rosemary, butter, Parm R, and pasta water. I told Craig I'd happily pay for that dish in a restaurant.

Me, too, med! Looks and sounds incredible!

Sass, what's stopping your from making liver and onions? Are you worried that yours won't be as good as your mom's or grandmother's?

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Had rotisserie turkey breast, one of those redi-pak Greek salad bowls for brunch.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Crawfish etouffe balls with Chipotle ranch and remoulade sauces. We decided we liked the remoulade sauce with them the best.

Attachments

• 2020-07-10 17.56.58.jpg
    2020-07-10 17.56.58.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 80

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Crab cakes got a little too dark, but that's my own fault.
Still good though.

View attachment 37503

They look great, Sass. Not too dark.

I found a package in the freezer from the last time I roasted a turkey. There was a contain er of gravy frozen too. It might go all the way back to Thanksgiving. Pulled the meat off the bone, added peas, mushrooms, carrots, onions, and topped it with a sheet of puff pastry. Turkey pot pie!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I had 2 slices of bakery seeded rye toasted for dinner last night. Wasn't feeling like eating.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Not sure about dinner tonight. Depends on how I feel.

I have thin sliced chicken breasts I need to cook. Maybe seasoned flour dredge. Quick pan fry in butter. With lemon or piccata sauce (depending if they want capers), rice or potatoes and mixed veggies.

Or it can be toast again.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD wanted Taco Bell. I had a quarter of a Mexican Pizza (that's all my tummy could handle).