What are you eating Sunday, 6/28/2020 to Saturday, 7/4/2020?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Peeps, I have eczema in my hands, too, in the first 2 fingers and thumb on both hands. I've had it for over 10 years, and have just had to learn to live with it.

Hand washing - water of any kind - is BAD!!!. I know, it's the wrong thing to say right now. In order to keep the hand washing to a minimum, I use gloves as much as I can to keep my hands cleans. When I go to the store, I wear gloves, then dispose of them when I leave the store. When I cook I wear gloves, especially when I'm washing and chopping fresh fruits and veggies. Any time I do something that either requires water, or will require washing afterwards, I wear gloves. It doesn't eliminate the need to wash (of course), but it helps reduce your contact with water.

Be careful of the extreme. Don't just wear them all the time - your hands will sweat and that's as bad as putting them in water. You have to find the balance between keeping them shielded from too much water and dirt and keeping them dry. Sometimes if I am going to have the gloves on for an extended time, I first put on a cotton disposable glove, the the nitrile glove over it.

By the way, stress aggravates ezcema. I know it's especially hard at the moment, but try to de-stress.

Watch out for various creams & lotions. Hidden in the ingredients list is usually alcohol in various forms - often unrecognizable because of the different chemical names. The one thing I've found that I can use that doesn't make it worse is Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Moisture Jelly Cream. It's not the hand lotion, it's actually made with Vaseline. It's a bit greasy, so use sparingly. You can find it at Walmart, Target, Amazon, drug stores, etc.
https://www.vaseline.com/us/en/prod...intensive-care-deep-moisture-jelly-cream.html

Sometimes when I have a finger that's particularly bad and bleeding, I do use a cloth style bandaid, so that it breathes. The bandaids that are plastic make things worse.

The watchwords are CLEAN and DRY!!!!!

I feel your pain. You can get it under control, but it never goes away.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peeps, I have eczema in my hands, too, in the first 2 fingers and thumb on both hands. I've had it for over 10 years, and have just had to learn to live with it.

Hand washing - water of any kind - is BAD!!!. I know, it's the wrong thing to say right now. In order to keep the hand washing to a minimum, I use gloves as much as I can to keep my hands cleans. When I go to the store, I wear gloves, then dispose of them when I leave the store. When I cook I wear gloves, especially when I'm washing and chopping fresh fruits and veggies. Any time I do something that either requires water, or will require washing afterwards, I wear gloves. It doesn't eliminate the need to wash (of course), but it helps reduce your contact with water.

Be careful of the extreme. Don't just wear them all the time - your hands will sweat and that's as bad as putting them in water. You have to find the balance between keeping them shielded from too much water and dirt and keeping them dry. Sometimes if I am going to have the gloves on for an extended time, I first put on a cotton disposable glove, the the nitrile glove over it.

By the way, stress aggravates ezcema. I know it's especially hard at the moment, but try to de-stress.

Watch out for various creams & lotions. Hidden in the ingredients list is usually alcohol in various forms - often unrecognizable because of the different chemical names. The one thing I've found that I can use that doesn't make it worse is Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Moisture Jelly Cream. It's not the hand lotion, it's actually made with Vaseline. It's a bit greasy, so use sparingly. You can find it at Walmart, Target, Amazon, drug stores, etc.
https://www.vaseline.com/us/en/prod...intensive-care-deep-moisture-jelly-cream.html

Sometimes when I have a finger that's particularly bad and bleeding, I do use a cloth style bandaid, so that it breathes. The bandaids that are plastic make things worse.

The watchwords are CLEAN and DRY!!!!!

I feel your pain. You can get it under control, but it never goes away.

Thank you for all the advice and the kind words SS. I'm sorry that you have this problem also.

I'm allergic to Vaseline.

I've been using these. They only have 1 ingredient - lanolin (solid) or lanolin oil (liquid):

Now Foods, Solutions, Liquid Lanolin

NOW Solutions, Pure Lanolin, Wind and Harsh Environment Skin Protectant, Thick Jelly, For Rough Dry Skin

I just ordered some Goat milk soaps. I hope they help. Two people said they've been using them for years with good results. I hope it helps.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Not restaurant food.
Chief's deli food! Lol

Pick and choose: fried fish, fried chicken wings, potato salad...
Sounds like a plan, Stan.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Alaskan pollock and chicken wings.
I bought 4 wings and will snack on the other two later.
The potato salad was good, but whoever made it got celery happy.

20200702_165353.jpg

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Last night's dinner. Still workin on tonights.. 20200701_192256.jpg

Grilled Salmon on the Weber. Stir fried veggies on the discada.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Crab stack with lump crab meat, some of my microgreens, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, honey mango, and avocado, with a lime juice, ginger, garlic dressing, with blue corn chips.

Attachments

• 2020-07-02 19.24.53.jpg
    2020-07-02 19.24.53.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 87

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice post to Peep, SS!

Andy, you are really stepping up in the cooking and posting pics departments! Lovely!

Med, beautiful crab presentation!

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Beef tenderloin and mushrooms in a dijon mustard-caper sauce.
The asparagus look a little overdone because they were actually reheated leftovers.

Attachments

• 20200702_192433.jpg
    20200702_192433.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 89

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps, did the Dr. give you an antibiotic?

Feel better.

Thank you Jimmy. All these problems I’ve been having are really getting me down.

Dermatologist gave me an antibiotic ointment. My primary doctor gave me antibiotic pills when I went to him. Dermatologist said that they didn’t help so she gave me a topical ointment this time. Seems to be helping. I HATE antibiotic pills! They give me to many other issues. So I’m glad this is not a pill.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It's really hot today. Right now it feels like 97F. It's 80F in my living room at the moment.

DD wanted to make pancakes but I have a feeling she's going to want to order something. LOL I'm not cooking.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, it's boiling outside.
I went to Hong Kong buffet.
The highlight of my day was having my Chromebook arrive from Amazon prime.
Yay! No more squinting at a phone lol

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Another one-legged dance around the kitchen today ;

Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks (Air-Fryer), Parsleyed Yukons, Steamed Green Beans....

Chicken, Buffalo Drumsticks .jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We're ordering from pizzeria. I'm going to share an antipasto with DD.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Cooksie, is that your casserole photo? If so, what is it - looks good even uncooked!

Lee

Yes, it's chicken spaghetti with some jarred mr's this time. There really is spaghetti under all that sauce :).

Thanks for fixing the picture problem.

Embryodad

Happy Independence day everyone.

We had 5 large pizzas delivered tonight; for the celebration tomorrow.
I will place the pizza stone in the grill to heat up slices.
Got a Plain cheese / a sausage / a pepperoni / a Hawaiian / a 1/2 mushroom and other half onions. No cooking and the kids can enjoy the day and the grandkids. No Cooking for a change.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I cheated! It was late. After a busy day, I just got to the grocery at 7:00. I needed something for dinner, so I grabbed a meal kit at Publix. Harissa Chicken over rice (mixed with asparagus, squash, apricots).

It was surprisingly tasty and quick. But Judy decided that it needed cilantro. After all, everything is better with just a little bit of cilantro!

Attachments

• IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 84

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Peep's Sesame Noodle Recipe, scaled down...

Ramen Noodles, Chicken Breast Meat, Sesame oil / Soy Sauce mix, Toasted Sesame Seeds & Sliced Scallions...

Sesame Noodles.jpg