State Fair Pots & Pans

calcmandan

I'm trying to recall the namebrand of a set of pots and pans being sold at the california state fair. They're suppsedly made of a really good nonstick surface and has removable handles on everything they sell.

I can give more details, but I've only seen them sold at the fair. They mention being able to buy the stuff online but i'm lost withot a brand name.

Can anyone spark my memory here?

The demonstration of the product was quite gimmicky. However, his demo unit was being employed day in and day out so the surface must be able to stand up to heavy use. he purported that it was scratch resistent.

I wish i had more information than this. I'm doing research on this product and compare to other brands.

i don't ever buy big things at the state fair because the prices are always much higher. I'll note what i want then buy it later on amazon. in this case i never got the brand name written down.

Daniel

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
usually fairs have a list of vendors, but I guess CA's cracked off into the seenot....

if you search for cookware with detachable handles / removable handles, the handle bit limits the hits pretty good. you might recognize them.

those kind of MLM products hawked at fairs/expositions/etc have a very very poor reputation for quality, and the company - which change name frequently - "forever" warranty is met with 'normal wear and tear' or 'mis-use' - if you can get any response at all.

"good name" T-Fal has stuff that nests + detachable handles...
https://www.amazon.com/removable-handle-cookware/s?k=removable+handle+cookware

calcmandan

usually fairs have a list of vendors, but I guess CA's cracked off into the seenot....

if you search for cookware with detachable handles / removable handles, the handle bit limits the hits pretty good. you might recognize them.

those kind of MLM products hawked at fairs/expositions/etc have a very very poor reputation for quality, and the company - which change name frequently - "forever" warranty is met with 'normal wear and tear' or 'mis-use' - if you can get any response at all.

Yeah i wanted to know the brand name so i can read reviews. they are really expensive.

i like tfal, and currently have a new one i bought at marshalls. i have some circulon that i'm thinking of trading in for a fresh one with its warranty.

Daniel

calcmandan

i did extensive research. it's eurocast.

Daniel

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
for non-stick, I use $10-15 Teflon "disposables" - they last 2 - ? years and Teflon remains the ultra-super-most-bestest non-stick.

I use stainless lined copper, cast iron, and a new fav,,, the Darto black iron (which is really steel.) properly used, food sticking is simply not an issue. people who have no time to preheat a pan need a different hobby.

and I do fish, chicken, beef, pork, bison, bacon, stir fry, ,,,, pretty much everything in those pans. I have an old Griswold cast iron I one hand flip eggs over easy.

non-stick has it's uses - but I don't think I'd get any benefit from the 'non-stick cooking suite' sets.

regards Eurocast,,,, it's curious that the (near) only reviews are from/on sites that are actively selling it. Amazon has a couple unhappy buyers.

calcmandan

for non-stick, I use $10-15 Teflon "disposables" - they last 2 - ? years and Teflon remains the ultra-super-most-bestest non-stick.

I use stainless lined copper, cast iron, and a new fav,,, the Darto black iron (which is really steel.) properly used, food sticking is simply not an issue. people who have no time to preheat a pan need a different hobby.

and I do fish, chicken, beef, pork, bison, bacon, stir fry, ,,,, pretty much everything in those pans. I have an old Griswold cast iron I one hand flip eggs over easy.

non-stick has it's uses - but I don't think I'd get any benefit from the 'non-stick cooking suite' sets.

regards Eurocast,,,, it's curious that the (near) only reviews are from/on sites that are actively selling it. Amazon has a couple unhappy buyers.
my stuff comes from marshalls ,costco, or sams club. i've been able to squeak out 5-6 years off my stuff. my 12 incher needed to go. got a nice tfal for $20 the other day.

i couldn't imagine paying $200 for one frying pan. Just wanted to read the reviews because Isuspect a brand like that could speak for itself and not be hawked in a state fair. Just like i see cutco at the same fair.

calcmandan on echomail/fidonet - digitaldistortionbbs.com

ksmyam

I'm trying to recall the namebrand of a set of pots and pans being sold at the california state fair. They're suppsedly made of a really good nonstick surface and has removable handles on everything they sell.

I can give more details, but I've only seen them sold at the fair. They mention being able to buy the stuff online but i'm lost withot a brand name.

Can anyone spark my memory here?

The demonstration of the product was quite gimmicky. However, his demo unit was being employed day in and day out so the surface must be able to stand up to heavy use. he purported that it was scratch resistent.

I wish i had more information than this. I'm doing research on this product and compare to other brands.

i don't ever buy big things at the state fair because the prices are always much higher. I'll note what i want then buy it later on amazon. in this case i never got the brand name written down.

Daniel
Not sure if someone responded to you. I think you are talking about Eurocast by BergHOFF. We bought these at the CA State Fair quite a few years ago (maybe 10?). We love them, haven't had a real issue with any of them! Have even added a wok from the collection. Probably the biggest complaint is that some of the pans have metal handles that get hot, but just have to use a pot holder for them. I was just thinking I will look for a couple additional sized. I see they are selling them at Macy's now too and probably other places.

Johnny West

I've not been to Macy's in eons! The prices are too high on everything!! :whistling:
We always look for the sales. One time we got a huge all clad cooker for $30. Someone put the wrong tag on it and they honored it. She did check to see if it was tampered with but it wasn’t.