Pork Chops on the Akorn

Paymaster

I did thick cut pork chops on the Akorn. I also did veggies for a grilled veggie salad at the same time.

DSC03040_zpsjigd1qtz.jpg

DSC03043_zps978yr9rp.jpg

DSC03046_zps60asqnta.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
those look nicely done!

what kind of temp was it? all too often mine get a bit overdone....DW does no pink pork, so it's always an adventure on a charcoal fired grill.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had to look up Akorn. Did the company purchase Kamado?

That dinner looks luscious, paymaster!

Lee

Paymaster

I had to look up Akorn. Did the company purchase Kamado?

That dinner looks luscious, paymaster!

Lee
Thanks!
Kamado is a style of cooker. Kamado Joe, BGE, Visions, and Akorn are all Kamado style cookers. The Akorn is made by CharGriller Co. Kamados are very versatile cookers that use very little fuel and can cook anywhere from 200* to 800*. My record thus far is 32 hours straight at 250* on one load of lump charcoal. Most Kamados are ceramic. The Akorn is insulated steel. I have always loved offset style cookers and the fire tending needed to keep them going, but there is a lot to be said about the Kamado and its load it and leave it style of running.:bbq:

Paymaster

those look nicely done!
Thanks
what kind of temp was it? all too often mine get a bit overdone....DW does no pink pork, so it's always an adventure on a charcoal fired grill.

I ran the cooker at 350*. I marinated the chops for two hours or so prior. It added great flavor and kept it moist in the center. I used a McCormick marinade. :chef: