The "Breakfast" thread

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I present to you the no calorie totally healthy sausage gravy and biscuits!!!

20141123_142511.jpg

You know it's all BS! :biggrin:

eeturk

eeturk, yours looks totally amazing!

Thank you!! We take breakfast very seriously in this house ;). Love yours too, haven't had biscuits and gravy in forever! Reminds me of my time in the Midwest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Embryodad

I love sausage gravy over biscuits. I had to cut back to once a month at most since it makes my legs swell. Today I had corned beef hash with extra onions. Was a good Sunday morning breakfast.
Tina loves "Bob Evans'" sausage and gravy.
I felt sorry for her. She and DIL went to Lancaster,Pa to see the show Moses at the Theater in Strasburg...... but on the way, they stopped at Bob Evans restaurant on Lehigh Street, in Allentown. OOops! It was G O N E !!! NO MORE ! ( tears)

Leni

I generally use Jimmy Deans hot sausage and add sage from my garden. Hadn't thought to add onion. I'll keep one half of a biscuit for butter and home made jam. I also make corned beef hash with a fried egg over easy.

Embryodad

Here is Jimmy Boy the Baker~ (NOT !)

Diligently Working Like he really knows what he's doing! hahahaha

Breakfast For Tomorrow.... Egg MacMufins ...
Egg Ham and Cheese for Mommy & Egg;Taylor Ham, (sliced pork roll) and Cheese for Daddy! :D

Thanks for the Inspiration from "JoeV"...

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, those English Muffins look perfect, Jimmy!

Could you post a link to Joe's recipe???

Lee

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Wow, that is inspiring! I may have to try that myself, because they look really good. And as anyone can imagine, Mexicans are not famous for their English muffins.

Embryodad

Wow, those English Muffins look perfect, Jimmy!

Could you post a link to Joe's recipe???

Lee
Lee... I will look for it... or post it as a double.

JoeV made them a few times and showed them on NCT with great pics.
He gave me the inspiration to make them.
This was my third batch that I experimented with the others first.
First batch (a few months ago ) was a disaster. Made Mushrooms (added too much batter to the metal rings, and created Mt. Vesuvius! Plus... the batter is like a wad of glue. I even used a cookie scooper to eject the amount into the ring, but it is a bear trying to get the wad to un-connect and drop into the mould ring.
Like a booger that won't leave the finger after it's picked!...Sorry, that's the best way to compare the situation!.... ( BTW...Even the Queen "Picks" ) ........... Mom Told Me That!

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i made pierogies (mrs. t's broccoli/cheddar ones), also 2 clementines, & a carton of milk. plain.
got thirsty, so opened a bottle of lemonade to sip on once my dishes were clean.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
For those who believe like me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I give you my delicious breakfast from this morning...HASH! Hash, in my opinion, is made pretty much from anything you've got laying around. It can have meat or it can be vegetarian, but the important base ingredients for me are potatoes and bacon fat. I got today's idea from http://uprootfromoregon.com/2014/06/02/brussel-sprout-hash/ that I saw in the MyFItnessPal page on Facelessbook, then changed it up for what I had on hand. I had some crumbled breakfast sausage in a bag in the freezer, and some red pepper that needed to get used up. I used redskins diced small so they would cook faster, and the back end of a Vadalia onion coarsely chopped. The rest, as they say, is history. Oh, I toasted a slice of Slovenian egg bread that I made yesterday to restock the freezer. I didn't make a big batch, just enough for my breakfast.

Attachments

• IMG_3549.jpg
    IMG_3549.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_3550.jpg
    IMG_3550.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_3551.jpg
    IMG_3551.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_3552.jpg
    IMG_3552.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_3553.jpg
    IMG_3553.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_3557.jpg
    IMG_3557.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 281

Saliha

^^

We have similar recipe in Finland, typical for lunch food. We call it as "pyttipannu", originally from the Swedish language as "pytt i panna" = small pieces in a pan.

:readytoeat:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
pabst, for now, then salad; may poach an egg to break over that salad, as well. not so very into typical morning food.

Johnny West

For second breakfast I had a cheddar cheese bagel with red onion, tomatoe salade, smear, and smoke bluefish. I missed the capers. :sad:

The fish shop that does the smoked bluefish makes the bagels fresh every morning.

IMG_6688.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmmmm! What a great-looking breakfast!

Yep, need capers.

Lee

Johnny West

I love the capers.

This morning I had a poppy seed bagel with creme cheese, scallions, and smoke salmon and Matt made hash with the potatoes leftover from lobster night.

IMG_6728.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Johnny West

Matt fried bacon, eggs, and French toast this morning.
I love the eggs with the crispy sides but he broke one
of my yolks. I didn't complain.

IMG_6767.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
adult beverages, then dietz/watson cheese, beef bresoala, PB (crunchy, so as to keep life interesting), & then i may spring 4 stale, stale candy. faux popcorn that was so stale my kitties stole a packet & rejected that. some other food, 'cept i fergot in that interim between my kitch' & main living room.
squeaky cheese! & other cheese. & other deli items. including deli meat.
being drunk rocks on.

Johnny West

This morning we got up early to get Matt to the ferry to Woods Hole, then had leftover donuts from last night. For Elevensies we went to the Art Cliff Diner and had scones and eggs bennie. I had the smoke salmon bennie special with extra bacon added. Later we went for a drive to Flander's B&B to feed apples to Bill the pony but he was no where to be found (I threw the apples on the ground for him.), then drove back to the alpaca farm but didn't stay too long as it got real hot. It smelled pretty bad, too.

IMG_6781.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Smoked Salmon (lox) Bennie

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm poaching an egg & making hash of various colors of potato. frank's, ketchup, milk, & a dessert of sorts to compliment, too.

Johnny West

This morning it was onion bagels, cream cheese with scallions, and Scottish lox. My granddaughter ate about half the lox by herself, about $6 worth! The girl loves the fish. The meat and fish market makes excellent bagels.

Johnny West

This morning I had smoked bluefish, from Menemsha Seafood Market, and cream cheese and scallions on anadama bread. I like that bread a lot and will make some when I get home. It was all as good as having a bagel.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Johnny, of all of the incredible breakfast photos you've posted from your stay on the Vineyard, the Lox Benedict was my absolute FAVORITE!!

I hope it tasted as good as it looks!

I hope you CAN taste!

Lee