Duke's mayonnaise

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just saw it advertised on TV for the first time.

Can anyone describe the difference in flavor, if any, between my Hellman's and Duke's?

If it's anything like Miracle Whip, I'll pass.

Lee

Attachments

• duke's mayo.png
    duke's mayo.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter

Can anyone describe the difference in flavor, if any, between my Hellman's and Duke's?

Lee

Likewise! I don't like Miracle Whip either. :weber:

Johnny West

I've had 4-6 bottles through the years. It's a nice tasting mayo and not at all like Miracle Whip. Every time I'd go to NC I'd bring two back in my duffle.

On the West coast Hellman's is called Best and it's what I get. I should see if I can get Duke's on Amazon Prime.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Okay, I will look for it.

I rarely shop at Walmart, but I'm thinking they may sell it.

Lee

Moxie

I've used it on and off, depending on where I was living at the time.
It's mayonnaise. I really don't see much difference between Duke's and Hellman's.
Never understood the hype.

Johnny West

I have a bottle of Kraft to try - don't care for Hienz, it's taste and texture isn't to my liking and can't explain it. Hellman's is my fav.

A long time ago (early 80's) I read a write up about Duke's in one of the gourmet magazines so had to try it when I got to the south east.

Dogboa

Lee

It is mayo which we have tried because of others singing its praises. We'll stick with Kraft. If you read the label in Miracle Whip, I believe it is referred to as a salad dressing. Its like Derkees sauce and Marzetti's slaw dressing, some folks like them and others don't. I love MW on the after T-Day dinner sandwich!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Duke's is okay and does taste similar to Hellman's.

Dukes ingredients:
Soybean oil, eggs, water, distilled and cider vinegar, salt, oleoresin paprika, natural flavors, calcium disodium EDTA added to protect flavor.

Hellman's ingredients:
Soybean oil, water, whole eggs and egg yolks, vinegar, salt, sugar, lemon juice, calcium disodium EDTA (used to protect quality), natural flavors.

I tend to stick with Hellman's or the store brand mayo.

Attachments

• meijer-real-mayo-mayonnaise-47844.jpg
    meijer-real-mayo-mayonnaise-47844.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 285

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I have not tried Duke's I have been using Hellman's olive oil exclusively.

I made it from scratch once, it was delish.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my Dad got duke's once when we were kiddos, & i really noticed only a slight differentiation in its lemony flavor/etcetera-- tho my Dad swore by that brand-- not me--

as adillo said, i also make my mayo (aioli) myself; it's easy to make, & is then u can season & adjust seasonings to your choosing--

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I am now a convert. I made some chicken salad with Duke's mayo and will never go back to any other brand. I can't wait to try some potato salad with it.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am now a convert. I made some chicken salad with Duke's mayo and will never go back to any other brand. I can't wait to try some potato salad with it.

What was your old brand, Cooksie?

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sometimes Hellman's, sometimes Great Value

I find Duke's has a little more tang than the others, which I like.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Duke's has more of a tang/lemony flavor.

Thank you, luvs and Cooksie!

Lee

Dogboa

Don't remember if we've tried it or not. If we did we've never bought it again. Our go to is Kraft. I do like Miracle Whip on occasion.

Shermie

Site Supporter

Lee

I don't like Miracle Whip!!!!! Dukes, Cains or Helllmans for me!! :piesmiley1: