Brown-bagger lunch ideas?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bring the same thing for lunch every day: a ham, lettuce and mayo sandwich on white bread, a dill pickle and a piece of fruit.

I love it, but I'm in a rut and need new ideas.

In the winter, I'll bring a can of low-sodium soup and a piece of fruit. Again, rut.

So, what do other of you brown-baggers eat?

Lee

Phiddlechik

Roll-ups using your favorite flat bread/tortillas, cream cheese and chopped veggies. Also try pesto or hummus as a spread.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Leftovers (like the chicken and noodles and mash the other day)- I do take leftovers with me quite a bit.
I buy Healthy Choice soups (the nuke bowls) - make tuna or egg salad and have that on croissants.
Yogurt, fruit, crackers, cheese.

Phiddlechik

Yep, leftovers! I will put them in individual dinner portions, like a tv dinner, and freeze, then put in the lunch bag frozen, and microwave at lunch. I like to dump it on a plate before I microwave it, though.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I keep my leftovers in Tupperware or those Glad food savers of different sizes.
Put it in the microwave as is, and eat it right from the container lol

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Attachments

• lunch-1.jpg
    lunch-1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,124
Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
If you're having a baked potato for dinner, do an extra and have it for lunch the next day. I also like celery sticks with pimento cheese. If you have leftover chili, take a small bag of Fritos and have Frito Pie (you didn't say healthy :smile:).

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I do the leftovers as well. I purposely cook an extra portion or two. I then make like a small meal in a Plastic bowl, cover and freeze too. I also use them evenings that I do not want to cook.

I bring the same thing for lunch every day: a ham, lettuce and mayo sandwich on white bread, a dill pickle and a piece of fruit.

I love it, but I'm in a rut and need new ideas.

In the winter, I'll bring a can of low-sodium soup and a piece of fruit. Again, rut.

So, what do other of you brown-baggers eat?

Lee

Think of it as a little picnic :) Cold chicken, pasta or potato salad, coleslaw, or tomato & cucumber salad.

Re leftovers, I like a cold meatloaf sandwich on whole wheat bread.

Salads - tuna, crab, shrimp, chicken, egg, nicoise, waldorf.

Pasta salads - antipasto, nicoise, Greek, orzo.

Cold sesame peanut noodles.

Deviled eggs.

Bento boxes.

Munchies - Gorp/trailmix, yogurt, fresh fruit, chips, fruit salad, pudding cups.

Try a search here under sandwiches & salads.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, what excellent ideas!

I love so many of them!

Thank you, all!

Lee

And...

Tyler Florence's Lunch Box BLT
Serving Size : 1

1/4 baguette
2 slices bacon -- low-sodium applewood smoked bacon
1 medium tomato -- heirloom, thick cut slices
romaine lettuce
1 thick slice mozzarella cheese -- fresh
1/2 teaspoon pesto sauce -- basil, store bought
1 1/2 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Slice the piece of baguette open but leave one side attached to form a hinge.

Cook the bacon over low heat until crispy, slice the tomato and mozzarella.

Combine the pesto with the mayo and smear it on the bottom of the sandwich.

Layer the romaine spear followed by the tomato, bacon and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper and wrap in parchment paper. Serves 1.

[URL="http://www.dashrecipes.com/slideshows/dr/17-Lunch-Box-Bites.html?index=6"]http://www.dashrecipes.co...h-Box-Bites.html?index=6[/URL]"

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I usually do leftovers as well or wraps lined with cheese & meat, then I heat it up in the microwave til the cheese melts and have cottage cheese & tomato or a small salad with it. And of course there's always my favorite.......potato chips dipped in strawberry/banana yogurt! Yummmmmmmmm!! lol

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And of course there's always my favorite.......potato chips dipped in strawberry/banana yogurt! Yummmmmmmmm!! lol

Really??? LOL! That's a new one on me, RM!

I like a lot of these ideas!

Lee

Newnork1978

It's been so long since I've had to brown-bag it...being a stay-at-home mom means I have the full kitchen at my disposal all day long. I might just have to plan a picnic for our next playdate at the park, and make some of these delicious ideas. :heart:

- Angel