Let's Take It All Off Together !

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Yesterday, I skipped breakfast, and lunch because I was busy in the yard. About 4 oclock I was famished and grabbed a handful of Cheetos!

You are so right! On paper, skipping meals sounds like it would help you lose. But in reality, it usually just causes you to make poor choices as soon as you step foot in the kitchen. I tend to grab anything that I can just pop in the mouth, like your Cheetos.

Last weekend I went through the kitchen and pulled out all of those real troublesome foods - gave them to my neighbors. Sleeves of oreo cookies, gallons of super premium ice cream, bars of Ghiradelli chocolate, and anything else that I just grab without preparation. Funny thing, after giving away all the chocolate, I had to buy more when asked to bring in a birthday cake to work.:oops:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Monday morning - week 1 is over. I lost 1 1/2 pounds; was sure hoping for more.

Yesterday didn't help much. We went to a great little place on the water to celebrate a friend's birthday. Cortez is an old fishing village, so of course the restaurant is just a shack on the water. You eat on the patio outside. You know the menu.....fried things on buns. The only 2 veggies on the menu are fried okra and coleslaw. So of course, I had a fried grouper sandwich, onion rings, and a couple beers. Not the best end to my first week, I guess.

Fresh start this morning! Another 3 1/2 pounds to reach my first goal.

How'd everyone else do?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Monday morning - week 1 is over. I lost 1 1/2 pounds
:applause::applause::applause: Way to go, SS!!! Here's the thing I've found - when women reach a certain age, our metabolism becomes very cranky. It is very hard to get the weight-loss process started. The fact that you lost a pound and a half in the first week is awesome! You're on your way, girlfriend.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oops - I forgot to post my results. I didn't lose anything this last week, but I didn't gain any either. That's amazing because I ate a lot of dessert type foods at my mom's last week. She's on prednisone and it makes her ravenous. (Naturally, I had to eat with her to keep her company. LOL) But I also did a lot of manual labor, too, which probably kept me from gaining any weight.

smoke king

Banned
Monday morning - week 1 is over. I lost 1 1/2 pounds; was sure hoping for more.

Actually SS, 1-1/2 pounds in a week is excellent! :applause: From a practical standpoint, When you lose large amounts of weight over a short time, it tends to come back, not to mention its likely an unhealthy way to lose it. I think its always important to bear in mind that we didnt put the weight on overnight, so we shouldnt expect to take it off that quickly either!

smoke king

Banned
You know, I had an interesting experience at a GNC yesterday. I had stopped in to check out a diet supplement I had heard about on the radio, and as I got to talking to the young man that worked there, telling him about my "noxycut" nightmare and subsequent problems associated with it, he spent the next 40 minutes explaining to me the "smart" way to go about weight loss, and he followed it up by saying that there was no way he would sell me any kind of supplement whatsoever!

I'm sure that he probably gets some sort of comission on sales, and I was really impressed by his helpfullness and honesty, especially in a situation where I likely would have bought anything he recomended just on his go!

I reached into their cooler for a bottle of "Redline" (the most powerful energy drink I have ever had, period) on the way out of the store, and he stopped me and said, that "That stuff is no better for you than the supplements" and informed me I wasn't buying that from him either!

I left the store amazed-my faith in people, especially young people, went up a little yesterday!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Isn't that cool, SK? Finding someone who actually cares enough about his customers to pass up a sale - very refreshing to hear about.

lilylove

Ok, I joined Weight Watchers online Monday... Doing good so far. I haven't gone over my point allowence. Funny how paying for something makes me try harder. lol

I put my goal at 10 pounds and as soon as I reach that goal I'll
make a new one for another 10. I'll keep doing that until I reach "SKINNY"

smoke king

Banned
Don't know how I did it, but I managed to lose 4# since last Wednesday! What bothers me is that I have kinda of neglected the diet and should have gained some! (Mind you, I'm not complaining) Made double chocolate chip cookies for Sammy, Lasagna, chinese take out for dinner, etc. You know, a lot of poor choices this week.

Truth be told, I am slightly concerned......

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have been making many meals with little or no carbs, just meat and several veggies mostly. I don't have a scale but I have noticed by the way my clothes fit I have lost inches.

Last edited:

smoke king

Banned
I don't have a scale but I have noticed by the way my clothes fit I have lost inches.

The only time I ever get weighed on a scale is at the doctors office.(where I've been a lot lately) We have a scale, but I've found that by using it I only obsess about it. I'm with you Peep; I can tell by how my clothes fit.....or don't fit,as to how I'm doing!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
missed my weigh in day because I was in New Orleans.. so I weighed myself this morning. It cannot be that I gained three pounds in three days:shock::shock::shock:! I worked out two of those three days, so I felt sorta good, but I am sooo discouraged by the scale this morning!
My plan for the next 5 days is lots of hot water with lemon, salads and fruit. I feel the need to detox, if you know what I mean! I'm sure I'll feel better about things on Friday morning.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Don't worry, Vera. Those 3 pounds are just the NOLA humidity still in your hair.

Seriously, I would wait a couple of days to see how much of that is fluid retention. Traveling can do that to you.

lilylove

Fm.. that's why I weighed myself 10 hours after I got home from Mexico! lol.

Monday (weigh in day) will be a happy day because I can pretend to myself that I lost more than I really did. It'll be a boost for my ego.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
It's very hard for me to stay focused on my weight and what I'm eating these days. I didn't give a rat's ass while I was house shopping in New Orleans, and paid the price at the scale when I got back. I'm sure it's gone by now, but it's a huge wake up call to how quickly I can put it back on.

It doesn't help that I cook 'family meal' when I'm at work either. I make a nice lunch for everyone left on staff and we eat together. I try to keep it 'lite' but it's not easy when you are cooking for all sorts of people. I do manage to keep my portion smaller than others so the destruction is not all that bad.

I need a steady routine for consistency. The only thing that is still a bit steady is my 5 times a week work out. My Gold's membership is canceled as of June 9th. Don't know what I'm going to do until I leave on the 13:unsure:..I'm frightened, aunty em, I'm frightened...

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Vera, I am quite sure that with the final packing, moving and moving in once you get to NOLA, you will be OK.

Do they have golds gym in NOLA, or is it another name?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Vera, I am quite sure that with the final packing, moving and moving in once you get to NOLA, you will be OK.

Do they have golds gym in NOLA, or is it another name?

No, no Gold's down there.. Actually, very little in the way of any kind of gym down there! It's just their style! There is a nice little gym around the corner from the house. Not huge, but has a few cardio pieces, some weights, etc.. Just enough for me to get a work out in and then walk home to shower. I'll be fine once I get a membership there.