Where do you eat your casual meals?

Where do you eat your everyday casual meals?

• In the dining room.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We don't eat together - Everyone for themselves.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Lefty is having a busy week, I thought that I would try to help him out with a poll.

Where do you eat your casual everyday meals?

Multiple choices are allowed.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I forgot to add, we either eat in the living room, or in our "office" room with two desks / computers.

smoke king

Banned
In the family/TV room. Can't recall the last meal we ate at the kitchen table, and what once was our "formal" dining room (right off the kitchen) has been converted to a (cooking) storage area/pantry, outfitted with floor to ceiling bakers racks. Its amazing how much culinary gear you can accumulate!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had to laugh at this question. A few years ago we were in a furniture store buying recliners and DW was browsing. I got stir crazy and walked aimlessly to the other side of the huge room we were in. I saw what appeared to be a modern style coffee table with the top floating 5 inches off the base. It caught my eye and I asked about it. Turns out it was a coffee table which you could raise up to table level ...they just had it up a little ways. Lift a little more and it comes right up to you so that you have a table to eat from while sitting on the couch. :eek: :clap: :clap: We bought the table and it has changed where we eat our causal / everyday dinners. We still use the dining room when the kids visit or when we have company for dinner but otherwise we use the heck out of that raised coffee table. :thumb: :D

K

Kimchee

A friend has one of those coffee tables... they are great!

We, however, eat ALL our meals in the kitchen, at the kitchen table..
just like my parents and their parents did...

BUT... only because we have a small TV on the table, LOLOLOLOL!
(Otherwise, we'd be in the living room too.)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well I have a very small dinning room which only allows for 4 people to sit at. My wife and I tend to eat in front of the TV or me for lunch by my computer on a stack table. When we have guests it is where ever they are comfortable at.

buckytom

Grill Master
not having a dining room on either floor of the house (2 family), we eat most of our meals at the upstairs kitchen counter, which is only a few feet from the living room tv. so, i guess most of our meals are casual.

more formal meals are eaten at the kitchen table in the first floor kitchen.

when i get home really late after a double shift, i eat at my old coffee table and couch in front of a tv and the birds' cages in the basement. my moluccan cockatoo sits on my knee, my african grey on my shoulder and we make a mess.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
When I'm alone I eat either in the living room or in the computer room. When I've got company it's the dining room or outside (weather permitting)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We either eat at the bar in the kitchen or the kitchen table. Our formal dining room is only used a couple of times a year.....a total waste of space imo.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I'm like VB. When we have guests, we sit at the dining room table or on the lanai.

But when it's just us, we belly up to the kitchen counter.

Deelady

mostly in front of the TV....we try to kick the habit occasionally...but that TV is just toooo powerful!! ;)