7-Layer Party Dip

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
everybody has one of these..this is just mine.. picture is not mine but its what it looks like

2 (16 oz) cans refried beans or 1 can refried beans & 1 can black beans
3/4 cup salsa
1 (1 oz) package powdered taco seasoning (and cayenne, to taste)(i have also used a little habanero hot sauce instead)
16 oz sour cream
3-4 cups guacamole
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese (or pepper jack)
3 roma tomatoes, chopped
2 (4 oz) cans of chopped black olives (small cans, about 3/4 to 1 cup) 1/2 cup chopped green onion

In a bowl mix together the refried beans, half of the package of taco seasoning, the salsa, and 3 tablespoons of the sour cream.

(You can add cayenne and/or ancho powder to taste.) Spread the mixture into a large rectangular glass lasagna dish.

In a separate bowl mix the rest of the sour cream with the remaining taco seasoning.

Spread the sour cream mixture on top of the refried beans.

Taking your guacamole, spread it carefully on top of the sour cream mixture.

Take care not to mix the two together.

Toss the two types of grated cheese together, then spread them on top of the guacamole.

Sprinkle with the tomatoes, olives, and green onions. Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.

serve hot or cold

***The above is my basic recipe. When I make it these days, I usually fiddle with it a bit, by: using 1 can of black bean refried beans instead of regular, adding ancho powder into the beans and sour cream, and adding a small can of chopped mild green chiles into the refried beans.

some recipes i have seen are for a hot version of this... if that is desired... bake at 350*F for approx 30 minutes

picM6v8da.jpg