Looking for more appetizer ideas

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I need 5 or 6 ideas for FINGER FOOD for Christmas (no dips or spreads, please).

I've been through all of the pages of the Appetizer forum (man, there are some fantastic recipes in there!) and have printed out several to consider.

If anyone has new ones to add, or twists on old ones, I'd be very grateful!

TIA!

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Easy one -

Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
Scoop out the pulp with a small spoon or melon baller.
Fill each half with Boursin cheese (herbed goat cheese would work, too)

Everyone loves them.

Attachments

• tomatoes boursin (3).jpg
    tomatoes boursin (3).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 256

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OMG! Ask and ye shall receive!

Those ALL look terrific, folks! Adding each to my "consideration" pile, and karma for everyone!!

Thanks a million!

I won't be making the appetizers until Christmas Eve, so if others occur to anyone, please add them!

This is GREAT!

Lee

Deelady

Zucchini cigars with Proscuitto

You can serve these with a warm with a marinara sauce to dip in as an appetizer
For about 36 sticks:
1 zucchini, about 8 "(20 cm) long
1 package of spring roll wrappers , frozen and thawed (can be replaced by the phyllo, or dough samosas)
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 / 3 cup (80 ml) freshly grated Parmesan
3 thin slices prosciutto, roughly chopped

Cut zucchini into 2 crosswise and remove the 2 ends.
Cut each half lengthwise, sliced 1 / 4 "(0.5 cm) thick. Cut each slice into sticks 1 / 4" (0.5 cm) thick and discard the part center where the seeds so that each stick has the skin.
We should have about 36 sticks.

Spread sheets samosas on a work surface and brush lightly with butter.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese samosas sheets in single layer.
Put a few pieces of prosciutto across a short side of each strip about 1 "(2.5 cm) from bottom edge.
Place zucchini on a stick of prosciutto, leaving ends extend from each side of the strip of dough.
Roll like a jelly roll pan and brush lightly with butter on top of dough and zucchini beyond.
Place, seam side down on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, at least 1 / 2 "(1 cm) away.
Repeat with remaining sheets of dough samosas and the remaining ingredients.
(These rods can be stored in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, 1 day.)

Just before serving, heat oven to 450 F (230 C).

Bake approximately 8-10 mins until golden.

Attachments

• food 214.jpg
    food 214.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 233
  • food 209.jpg
    food 209.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:

Deelady

Dee, those look great! I'm filing this one away for my next party.

Thanks SS! they are sooooo easy but so tasty! One of those things where people tell you you shouldn't have gone through all the trouble but it was as simple as an be! :whistling: :D

Deelady

Here are a few more pics of me making them for dinner as a side

Attachments

• food 205.jpg
    food 205.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 221
  • food 206.jpg
    food 206.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 219
  • food 207.jpg
    food 207.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 212

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wonderful, Dee! That looks like a winner! Thank you!

And thanks for the great PDF file, Lucky - I'll peruse more when I get home from work!

Lee

Mr. Green Jeans

Don't have a name for these but they are darned tasty.

2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 to 1 1/2 finely minced ham

Pre-heat oven to 400. Mix all of the above and spread on party rye slices place on a cookie sheet and bake 8 minutes. Serve.

Mr. Green Jeans

Don't have a name for these but they are darned tasty.

2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 to 1 1/2 finely minced ham

Pre-heat oven to 400. Mix all of the above and spread on party rye slices place on a cookie sheet and bake 8 minutes. Serve.

Leni

Mix a jar of melted current jelly with a small jar of plain old French's mustard. Blend well and then add mini hot dogs (not little smokies) or cut regular hot dogs into bite sized pieces. Doesn't sound like much but people go crazy over it.

Here's a bunch I posted/shared:

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12690&highlight=wedding

If it's casual, this popped into my head:
(I would go w/ homemade meatballs & mozzarella. They reminded me of Pizza Balls - http://pizzaballs.net/

Meatball Bubble Biscuits

1 can (12 oz) Grands Jr. Golden Layers refrigerated buttermilk or flaky biscuits
10 frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs, thawed, each cut in half
2 sticks (1 oz each) string cheese, each cut into 10 pieces
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup marinara sauce, heated

Heat oven to 375F. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Press each biscuit layer into 3-inch round.

Place 1 meatball half, cut side up, and 1 string cheese piece in center of each dough round. Wrap dough around meatball and cheese, pressing edges to seal. In ungreased 8 or 9 inch round cake pan, place seam side down in single layer.

Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/printrecipe?RecipeId=0933de2b-ba69-4e27-8c42-771f4293a648

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mr. Green Jeans - yours is one of my family's all-time favorites. We call it "Cheese 'n Chit" (substituting the C).

Leni and CalCook, I think you guys gave me my New Year's Eve appetizers. They look GREAT!!

Susan, I'll go back and take a look at your appetizer posts.

You NCT people are the GREATEST!!!

Thank you!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Meatball Bubble Biscuits

1 can (12 oz) Grands Jr. Golden Layers refrigerated buttermilk or flaky biscuits
10 frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs, thawed, each cut in half
2 sticks (1 oz each) string cheese, each cut into 10 pieces
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup marinara sauce, heated

Heat oven to 375F. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Press each biscuit layer into 3-inch round.

Place 1 meatball half, cut side up, and 1 string cheese piece in center of each dough round. Wrap dough around meatball and cheese, pressing edges to seal. In ungreased 8 or 9 inch round cake pan, place seam side down in single layer.

Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/printrecipe?RecipeId=0933de2b-ba69-4e27-8c42-771f4293a648

I may make some of these this season, since I always have everything in them except for the biscuits.

I'll use jalapeno string cheese.

BTW, the link no longer takes you to the Meatball Bubble Balls, but I looked them up on Google and they look great!

Lee