Hey! It's Thursday, May 21!!! Whatcha cookin'??

suziquzie

Man it's quiet around here today!

I'm spring cleaning.... again. HUGE wind storm yesterday blew tons of dust and pollen into the house. There's a greenish gritty film on everything.

That's my excuse anyway.

I have LOTS of eggs dated tomorrow, so I'm making a quiche for dinner to use them up. Bacon and swiss I do believe. Spinach if I have a box in the freezer.

You?

Lefty

Yank
I will probably snack on a plate of coldcuts, olive salad with peppers and some garlic crackers. I will chase that down with draft beer and whiskey.

lilylove

Chicken breasts and veggies.

I think I'm going to try chow's bacon gravy on top of oven baked chicken.

Ronjohn

Not cooking! Going out. :mrgreen:

Tonight is the start of a 4 day weekend for me
th_sans.gif
so there will be much beer/wine/rum/something involved, I hope
th_icon_pidu.gif

GotGarlic

I have a meeting tonight and there will be light hors d'oeuvres first, so I will eat there. DH is on his own :)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Probably doing some grilled shrimp, rice and peas. We are both feeling a little like eating light tonight.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I'm the other half of my beef tenderloin, on the grill if it's not raining. I might do some grilled asparagus, and some kind of tater...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
DW picked up some angel hair bird nests the other day. We've got shrimp in the freezer, so I'm thinking maybe shrimp alfredo over the pasta nests.

chowhound

Great minds think a like!!

And that gravy looks so goooood that I had to have it!

Cool :smile:
I had the leftovers for lunch today and the gravy was like a stew, even better as leftovers. And I forgot to mention an ingredient I had added.... a bay leaf. (lol).

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
OH!! Have you got a camera? I'd love to see a pic of this. I've been thinking about it ever since you posted the recipe!!
I will try to remember,lol. I'm use to cooking and definitely not taking pics of it:mrgreen:

chowhound

Same here, Q. All the way around.
Lunch still has me pretty much filled up, but I know I should eat something or I'll be scrounging tomorrow morning and there aren't any leftovers in the fridge. I'm thinking I'll pull a package of crab legs out of the freezer and have those. I usually like to thaw them first, but maybe by the time I feel like eating they won't be quite as frozen.

chowhound

I finally got around to taking those crab legs out, but not before hunger drove me to make some hor dourves. And yes, you really need that much salt and pepper. It ties everything together :lol: Seriously...

Attachments

• Ketsel's Ritz snacks.jpg
    Ketsel's Ritz snacks.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 112

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I finally got around to taking those crab legs out, but not before hunger drove me to make some hor dourves. And yes, you really need that much salt and pepper. It ties everything together :lol: Seriously...

looks like my snack last night..lol

i used cream cheese and hot sauce... as well as others...

i love cheese and crackers..lol