Wednesday 11/23/11 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
What will you be cooking today? I still have prep work to do so not sure what will be for dinner.

Ronjohn

We're going out for a burger. And possibly going out for some cocktails later in the evening. No big plans tomorrow so we don't have to be awake early to be anywhere. :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
spent the afternoon zipping from place to place & got in a few minutes ago. 'lil Momma should be here by 4:00, no time for food so 2 of the highly addictive sweet & salty granola bars & an ensure. i gotta pack & post on here & that

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
spent the afternoon zipping from place to place & got in a few minutes ago. 'lil Momma should be here by 4:00, no time for food so 2 of the highly addictive sweet & salty granola bars & an ensure. i gotta pack & post on here & that
Those granola bars are excellent!! LOL

I think it will be eggs tonight.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
peepers, i get frantic if there isn't 1 box of almond & 1 of p-nut in my pantry. nom nom

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Scrambled eggs with fresh grated romano and parm cheese added to micro steamed asparagus sauteed in butter cooked til soft set. With sliced tomato dressed with fresh basil, EVOO, sea salt and ground pepper on the side.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Baking pies tonight, so I whipped up chicken fajitas, Spanish rice and a batch of corn tortillas.

ChickenFajitas.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tuna melt on white bread/toast with colby jack cheese. OMG, was it fantastic! (I'd been craving it all day).

With single-serving Cape Cod chips and a half-sour pickle.

I am SO going to have this meal again for dinner, many times!

Lee

P.S. YUMMMMM, Joe!

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I think Oyster Stew taste better the day after. (For TG Dinner) I had a bowl of that.
I had to sample every thing I Made for tomorrow- Dips, relishes, Pickels.
I had to check the pumpkin Pie out, make sure it was sweet enough.
Damn I am full.
Hmmm I think I have already had dinner!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE
I am grateful full this site,
and all the wonderful people here.

turkey.gif

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everyones meals sound and look great!

Pumpkin pie is in the oven but the apple is cooling (the top has a milk wash with a sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon).

112311_apple_pie_thanksgiving.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my brother & his luv made scallop/shrimp fetticuine alfredo 4 us adults. the tots got chix nuggets. raynin got stuck w/ a bottle~

Embryodad

Had some sausage that was in the sauce that DW made for the mannicotti.
DD and I were eating the shells with sauce to dip in. The filled ones are panned and ready to bake tomorrow.
oh! and we were eating Ricotta and mozzarella as I was making the filling.
I make them with a meat filling, but not this time. The cheese will suffice.
The Bird is in the oven at 290º and cooking slowly.

abi_csi

I've got some black beans soaking so tonight i'm going to cook feijoada. Not had it in ages so looking forward to that.

GotGarlic

Couldn't get pix because everyone was hungry, but I made baked rockfish with garlic, lemongrass, parsley, rosemary and thyme, with Israeli couscous mixed with roasted bell and poblano peppers and champagne vinaigrette, and a green salad. SO good.