Prayer's for Mountain Man's....

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
His surgery is today. I'm not sure whether or not he mentioned it on this forum or not but he is having some problems with the wires in his pacemaker. Hopefully it will be a minor fix and he'll breeze right on through the surgery. I don't guess they'll know until they get in there and take a look.

Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are going out to him this morning.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Positive thoughts, energy and strength heading the way of Mountain Man!

Lee

Leni

There is the possibility that it might have been postphoned. He was having trouble with his toes. Best wishes no matter what happened today.

Ironman

🍺
Prayers Buddy! I know you can pull thru. :smile:

Maybe he is just resting, I'm pretty sure I saw him online a short while ago at the big-hooters forum. :smile:

bigjim

Mess Cook
Super Site Supporter
Update:

Just got off the phone with Sass Muffin. Called to let me know that the surgery went well and Bil is now home resting.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Was a long day for sure. Left the house at 10am and did not get back till 8:20. Cancer center says platelet levels have dropped way down. The doc there came and looked at my legs and ordered up ultrasounds to check for clots. They were already waiting when I got across the hospital for the heart operation. Did them and the tech said no clots he could see. Till they got done all the silly questions and he was done moving my legs they were hurting bad. Then it took 3 people 7 tries to get an IV in my arm.:yum: I told them my body remembers that room as i was in there 6 times in 2007. The procedure went OK, at least that is what they tell me. Sure is totally painful to try to find a position to sleep in. Between the pets and the pain I got 2 short 2-3 hour stretches of sleep. Can't do much with the left arm at all. Could not even get my meds to my mouth and had to switch hands. When i sit the feet hurt. When I lay down the chest hurts. Guess I will put up with the foot pain till somebody figures out what to do. Need to worry about healing the incision more than anything. Go back next Monday to get the bandages off and then the following week they will fine tune it to my settings. Meanwhile I am in slow mode.:yum: It sure sucks trying to cook one handed.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm glad you're through the surgery and on the mend. This makes me cringe: "Then it took 3 people 7 tries to get an IV in my arm." I know when they poke and thump around on one hand and then say, "Well, let's look at the other side," that I'm in trouble. I absolutely hate all that fishing around with the needle :shock:.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I'm glad you're through the surgery and on the mend. This makes me cringe: "Then it took 3 people 7 tries to get an IV in my arm." I know when they poke and thump around on one hand and then say, "Well, let's look at the other side," that I'm in trouble. I absolutely hate all that fishing around with the needle :shock:.
I used to kick them out after 3 tries but anymore I give them 5. Some of the old gals at the cancer center hit it right in one try. I am up to 23 vials so far this year. Last year was a lot more when they were poking me every week and then Rochester would want their own every time you went there. Talk about an inexact science. Back in 2007 the one latino girl could hit me at 4 am every time with no problem. One night she was done before I woke up. Another girl poked me 4 times to get 4 vials and them dropped one and it shattered. She started to cry and I had to tell her it was alright as I had plenty more. I think they suck it out so my body makes more or else they are selling it. Before my health went to hell in 2007 I was working on my 3rd gallon of donations with the Red Cross.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
there's one woman that gets me nearly ea./draw. on her 1st stick, too. i despise when they dig in the veins, only to blow the vein. inpatient, they usually call in the i.v. team rather than bother to fruitlessly stab @ 'em.

drinking plenty of fluids a few hrs. before inflates them. (if ur allowed the fluids.)
so very glad u got the replacement. :encore:
btw- have u got a recliner~ that may make snooze a 'lil easier than now.