Marble slab

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Embryodad recently posted a tutorial about his wife's pierogi, and said she uses a marble slab to work on.

Where would I shop for something like that? Are they expensive?

Embryodad, do you keep the slab on the counter all the time, or put it away when not using it for a specific recipe?

Here's a picture he posted.

Lee

Attachments

• Marble slab.jpg
    Marble slab.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 161

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yes it does!!

According to Julia Child and other fine world-renowned pastry chefs. it is very good when used cold for kneading a folding pastry doughs with lost of butter, to help keep the butter form softening up!! :weber:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Lee - depending on your tastes. If you go to a granite countertop place, they will probably give you one from cutoffs. I had one approach me at a show. He said they throw them in a dumpster. I have a competitor at the shows that does make cutting boards. They get them for free that way. If you want a finished shape, they would probably do it pretty cheap.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Lee - depending on your tastes. If you go to a granite countertop place, they will probably give you one from cutoffs. I had one approach me at a show. He said they throw them in a dumpster. I have a competitor at the shows that does make cutting boards. They get them for free that way. If you want a finished shape, they would probably do it pretty cheap.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. Around here the stone yards have remnants stacked so you can look through them and choose one that suits your fancy. They do charge for them around here though. Good Luck!

I'd see if I could find a place to keep it out. Putting it up after every use would be a lot of lugging around.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
various stores and internet places offer marble boards - 16x24 or 24x24 are common sizes - which is dwarfed by the size of the pix'd one - that one has to weigh rather a bit....

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I solved the stone problem by replacing my counter tops with granite. Natural stone is very heavy to move around, especially something like Jimmy has. Most stone comes 1-1/4" thick for counter tops.

Attachments

• DSC_0219.jpg
    DSC_0219.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 133

chilefarmer

JoeV, we have the same counter top. We sure like it. I also have a large cut out from where we put the stove top. It lives in the garage, to heavy for me to move. CF