Little Tea Set

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
DW stopped at a yard sale today and picked up some really cool stuff. A few things that I’m in love with. She also grabbed some impulse items. One such thing was a Mini Tea Set for 4. She got the whole set for 50 cents, so she couldn’t pass it by….even though we don’t collect this kind of thing and we have no room for it really.

So, now we have this Tea Set. It looks to be a knock-off of a really nice set, but it’s light weight, and I really don’t think it’s “real” or antique or worth anything other than being a decent set to look at or give to your little princess for her Tea Parties.

Anyway, we hate to throw away what someone else may have a use for. These are in really good shape, but I’ve no idea how old they are or even what they are. They’re definitely porcelain, but feel really light, so I’m thinking low grade porcelain.

If you collect this kind of thing, or have a little princess that needs a Tea Set, then PM your Addy and we'll mail this set to you.

This is free of charge to anyone that wants it, we’ll even cover the shipping (shipped parcel post….we’re cheap! :lol:). So if you even THINK you might want this set, then holler.

If we don’t hear anything in a week or so, I imagine we’ll donate it to the Goodwill.

If you take them and they turn out to be antiques worth a fortune….how about a finder’s fee for me??? :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

Tea_1.jpg

Tea_2.jpg

Tea_3.jpg

Tea_4.jpg

Bilby

They look lovely Keltin. Are you sure that they aren't worth anything? I would get it checked out before moving them on. Is there are reason they should be heavy? I would have thought good quality stuff should be delicate and light - perfect for tea. I can see they aren't that delicate.

No branding on the bottom to look up? The motif doesn't look particularly decorative, more indicative of a group eg the railways over here had their own crockery with branding at one point.

I have several demi-tasse coffee sets and similar tea sets - most of it for adults. (But no, I'm not looking at adding to my "collection"!)

buckytom

Grill Master
k, that is very nice of you.

btw, if it says "white star line" under the saucers, send them to me...

High Cheese

Saucier
Pretty neat. I'd suspect they were originally from a restaurant since they are so thick, er durable looking. Nice design though.