Peep's Sesame Noodles

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peep's Sesame Noodles

2 (10 oz bags) Chinese noodles (The ones I found look like Ramen Noodles) - cooked and drained

Dressing:

1/2 cup soy sauce ( I use 1/2 low sodium, 1/2 regular soy sauce but you can use all of one or the other)
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup canola oil (You can use 1/2 cup sesame oil & omit the canola oil. I find all sesame oil a bit strong so I go 1/2 & 1/2 with the oils.)
1/4 cup rice (wine) vinegar
1 - 2 tablespoons hot chili oil (or to taste)

Combine dressing ingredients in bottle and shake well.

Garnish:

2 Tbsp sesame seeds (toasted in dry pan till golden)
1 bunch (or to your taste) finely chopped green onion

Add to noodles after tossing with the dressing. Toss well to combine.

Cook noodles in large pot (I break the blocks of noodles into smaller pieces before cooking to make it easier to toss. Otherwise it is one giant mass of noodles LOL) about 3 - 5 minutes (careful not to overcook). Drain noodles and put in large bowl (this will make it easier to toss), add dressing and toss well till noodles soak all the dressing up. Add sesame seed & green onion garnish, toss well before serving. You can eat room temp or cold. They taste really good cold the next day.

Here is a picture of the sesame noodles in the bowl before being tossed with the garnish. (They look like Ramen noodles but say Chinese Noodles on the bag.)

sesame_noodles_061714.jpg

These are the noodles I used

ty_ling_noodles.jpg

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
looks good, peep. i think i'd add a splash of hot sesame oil to kick up the heat factor. i love hot spicy noodles.

copied and saved, thanks. :thumb:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
looks good, peep. i think i'd add a splash of hot sesame oil to kick up the heat factor. i love hot spicy noodles.

copied and saved, thanks. :thumb:
Thank you all.

Bucky - The hot chili oil I use is sesame oil based. It has a nice kick.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
When I was in China a few years ago to visit my son and his family, we went to several small family-run noodle restaurants, where they make the noodles right in front of you. Your bowl of noodles ends up being ONE LONG NOODLE. This seems to be a specialty of Chinese Muslims, at least where we visited. Bits of meat and vegetables scattered on top, spicy broth - just delicious.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
There is a noodle place on Leicester Square in London.
OMG, the best anything noodley I have ever eaten.
Yours are knock out Peeps!
I could so eat an entire plate like ummm right now!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Sass.

Fair warning these noodles are addictive!! LOL They are equally good warm OR cold!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
LOL Well if either of you try these let me know what you think and if I need to start a support group!! :yum:

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Peeps !!

So, there I was, faithfully performing Mise en Place,

when I noticed that the Noodles I got were.......

IMG_5760.jpg

..... already Sesame-Flavored.....

Will I need to change anything in your recipe ?

:thankyou::thankyou:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hey Peeps !!

So, there I was, faithfully performing Mise en Place,

when I noticed that the Noodles I got were.......

View attachment 28251

..... already Sesame-Flavored.....

Will I need to change anything in your recipe ?

:thankyou::thankyou:

Discard the envelope of seasoning powder and the "egg block" (? not sure what that is). Just boil the noodles and proceed with recipe. I have used Ramen noodles (without the seasoning packet) when I can't find my usual brand/style noodles.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
The Egg Block appears to be a compressed block of dehydrated egg Powder, something you'd see in an Army recipe from the forties....... Ugh !

THX, Peeps!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The Egg Block appears to be a compressed block of dehydrated egg Powder, something you'd see in an Army recipe from the forties....... Ugh !

THX, Peeps!

I have used 4 (3 oz.) bags Top Ramen Noodles (Discard flavor/season packet) for a half recipe when my usual noodles were unavailable. If you are making a smaller amount of noodles make a half recipe of dressing or make full dressing recipe and use half and allow to sit. If you want more use the rest. It can be salty.
Have fun and enjoy.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
First time I ever made these I used bagged soba noodles purchased at Big Lots. It made a ton.
The other times I bought the Maruchan brand of Japanese noodles that are like the ramen packs.
They come in a red wrapper in a black tray. Cheap!
They worked very well.

download.jpg

Last edited: