Video of me making Fried Rice at work

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Allen, that was so cool!! It was great to see you in action!

I've been making my fried rice that way just recently - so easy, and tastes "authentic"!

Thanks for posting the video!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very Kewl. That is quite a batch of fried rice you made there. I just ate dinner and you are making me hungry man!!!! :yum:

Thanks for posting this Allen. Please post more tutorials if you have the chance.
:tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AllenOK

I need that for the Asian Stir-fry Bar every Thursday at work. I could probably get away with half that on most days, but sometimes, I need more. Plus, it's good to have some leftover, so I can eat lunch :)

I should be getting a propane-fired fish-fryer here soon. Once I get that down, I'll post up some stuff.

There's more than just Fried foods that I can do with a burner like that. PeppA's "Beer Shrimp", maybe even some stir-fry at home. Good thing I have a wok!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Great tutorial. I make my fried rice almost identically, but with a little different sequence. Makes pretty good leftovers, which we always have, then I have lunch the next day. Thanks, at least I know I'm doing it right. FWIW, the sesame oil really makes a big difference, and I put a tiny pinch of turmeric to color it up. I also cook the rice in chicken stock, and add a little stock if it gets a little dry.

Dinner081411-2.jpg

AllenOK

I've done the turmeric thing as well. We don't have any at work. I've also noticed that the addition of turmeric varies from restaurant to restaurant; some do, some don't.

I REALLY want to make a batch of Red-Cooked Pork, dice it up, freeze it, and use it as needed to add to the Fried Rice.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I REALLY want to make a batch of Red-Cooked Pork, dice it up, freeze it, and use it as needed to add to the Fried Rice.
I have always made vegetable fried rice, but I frequently see pork fried rice with the diced red pork in oriental restaurants and buffets. It presents itself well. I only make fried rice when I make a stir fry, and 90% of the time it is a meat stir fry, so the meat is already covered. It all ends up co-mingling on the plate anyway. :biggrin:

Wow, what I wouldn't give to have a flat top in my kitchen. I guess there's a short-order cook hidden somewhere inside this body.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Great video. Thank you.

JoeV - I too have always wanted a flat top. One of my customers is a kitchen equipment company. I keep telling them to put a small one in my truck for evaluation. So far, no luck.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Thanks for posting this Allen, I too love the flat top. Had one in a summer rental house a few years ago and we loved it. My daughter in law got the job of cleaning it, she was a chef in her earlier life. Yummy fried rice.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Impressive! You can work magic with those spatulas...ching, ching, ching...reminds me of the places where they cook at your table.

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Great video! I love the part at the end where the lady says, "Allen, come here and let me smack that a$$!" :yum: I like to make fried rice, it's just fun to make. I like to grill a pork tenderloin then soak in sweet and sour sauce overnight. Next day cube it up small and added to the rice.

Looking forward to seeing more videos!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
LOL Good job!! I make mine the same way. I sometimes add some tossed sesame seeds at the end with the sesame oil.

BUT no one smacks my butt!! LOL

I would also like to add some red pork.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Wow! Old thread and excellent video. Tell the truth now - do they still smack your ass? :yum:

Lefty

Yank
Just got a flash back to my military days when I was a mess cook. I would make everyone's breakfast on weekends even though it was not part of my job. If I was smart I would of went cook while I was in. I would have probably done twenty if I had.