Blackberry Pie

Johnny West

Apache Berry Pie - very juicy and smells wonderful.

http://www.gurneys.com/product/apache-thornless-blackberry
########Apache Berry Pie.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny West

Sure looks good, one of my favorites. blackberry being first, sweetpotato being second. CF:piesmiley1:

I like whatever pie flavour is in season. Peach is a fav and never make one - rhubarb is my the #1 and never made one this year.

This one is excellent but found out after the first bite it was regulars blackberries; seeds. lol I'll have to hunt for the other berries. We have so much fruit in the freezer and not all bags marked correctly. There are lots of blueberries, too.

Johnny West

We did a drive yesterday to check out berries. We should get enough for a pie today.
The Apache berry place was sold and berries are gone.

Johnny West

The blackberry pie is out of the oven as is the apple pie, and mincemeat pie just went in.

Peter is a vegetarian as I’ve noted before. We never looked at the ingredients of Pillsbury
pie crust before and discovered it contains lard. He’s been eating my pies for years with
pig fat. Nancy found pie crust at Fred’s without lard, which this blackberry and apple pie
are but they aren’t the quality Pillsbury crusts are. The mincemeat pie is Pillsbury as I’ll be
the only one eating it.

1E2563A1-C8D3-443F-BE2A-C203B96B0571.jpeg