NCT's Iron Chef 10: Battle Corn

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
For Iron Chef 10, the secret ingredient is……..

Corn

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, make any kind of dish you want, however you want. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulation is that you must use Corn in some way in the dish.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then, post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Now, let Battle Corn begin!

2gw9ruc.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
hmmmm.....

I know a few others, in addition to myself, who's wheels are spinning... Can't you picture the little mouse on his wheel in our brains going faster and faster..??

I get ideas, I get ideas...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
awesome! i'm gonna participate. last iron Chef i woulda made pgh-rare steak. yum! we made those in meats class & they were so delish!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
awesome, cheese!

hi, chow..... pittsburgh-style steak: oil/season medallions of tenderloin; place a cast iron skillet on high upside-down for at least like 15, 20 minutes, till it's kinda glowing, then toss your steak on & leave it for a few, then flip. same deal. it should be black & still mooing, LOL! & so delicious!
Chef explained that iron-workers in Pgh. used to toss steak onto the iron & cook it at work that way.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Actually it was done on one of the chef competitions and just hit my taste buds so I set out to recreate it :)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Both of those look great, LT. Love that smiley face :clap:. It took me a minute to see the nose :biggrin: .

High Cheese

Saucier
Here's mine. I think I wound up with too many ideas. lol

Corn and black bean salsa with corn tortilla chips & lobster with a corn sauce.

The salsa is a basic corn & black bean salsa, corn tortillas with Old Bay and other seasonings, avacado spread (not guacamole).

The lobster was boiled. The sauce is creamed corn strained of the kernels, white wine and lobster stock.

The leaf on the plate is a corn leaf from one of my stalks in the garden. ...OH, there's a basil oil on the plate too.

IMG_2349.jpg