Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches

Cooksie

Site Supporter
If you have never had pimiento cheese made with cream cheese, you have to try it. It's a whole new pimiento cheese :heart:.

3548895787_355d2c435a.jpg

4 oz Philadelphia cream cheese at room temperature
2 oz jar of chopped pimiento (drained)
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1 T of Hellman's mayonnaise
celery salt to taste
garlic powder to taste
hot sauce to taste (I used Frank's)

Mix all together and season to your liking. This makes enough for about 4 good size sandwiches, but it can very easily be doubled.

This pimiento cheese is good on a cracker, it's great on white or wheat bread as a sandwich, but it is at its best as a grilled cheese sandwich :wub:.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is a beautiful photo, Cooksie! Looks and sounds like something I'd love!

Welcom to NCT!!

Lee

LADawg

A question first….. Are Pimento Cheese sandwiches mostly a Southern thang, (forgive me from throwing in a southern word) or are they eaten over most of the country??
Anyway since I had all of the ingredients on hand I make the Cream Cheese version and I must say it was/is VERY GOOD. :thankyou:I didn’t print off the recipe and left out the hot sauce, but it was good anyway.
I have always used red rind hoop cheese when making Pimento Cheese, but this time I only used sharp cheddar and I also did not drain the pimentos.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I think it is mostly a southern thang, LADawg. I read an article in Southern Living about pimento cheese, and they referred to it as "the pate' of the South." They had some really wild variations--some sounded pretty good, some pretty bad.

LADawg

Shame on you, Cooksie for ever posting this recipe. This stuff is addictive……………I wonder what it would taste like if you added a little well drained crushed pineapple? I may give that a try………

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've never had it with pineapple, but you never know until you try. Give it a shot, LADawg, and tell us what you think.

Thanks, CF!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
If you have never had pimiento cheese made with cream cheese, you have to try it. It's a whole new pimiento cheese :heart:.

3548895787_355d2c435a.jpg

4 oz Philadelphia cream cheese at room temperature
2 oz jar of chopped pimiento (drained)
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1 T of Hellman's mayonnaise
celery salt to taste
garlic powder to taste
hot sauce to taste (I used Frank's)

Mix all together and season to your liking. This makes enough for about 4 good size sandwiches, but it can very easily be doubled.Th

This pimiento cheese is good on a cracker, it's great on white or wheat bread as a sandwich, but it is at its best as a grilled cheese sandwich :wub:.

Yum, that looks and sounds delicious.

LADawg

Five and a half months later and I'm still hooked. Still haven't tried the pineapple thing. This stuff is so good I just can't stand to change it...:good: