What have you eaten Sunday 11/18/2018 to Saturday 11/24/2018?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
On my way out to shop for Thanksgiving groceries. So not sure what dinner will be. Whatever looks good I guess.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Since I am on the West Coast- ya'll Get my Saturday Night dinner- STIR FRY & Beverages.
We were playing crazy crazy 8's. 4's skip next person, K, reverse direction. 2's if you get dealt a 2, you pick up a 2, unless you have a 2, next person picks up 4. ect. FUN.

Attachments

• Sat d.jpg
    Sat d.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 126

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last night was chili over brown rice. No picture.

Tonight may be marinated flank steak, tomato, onion & mozzarella salad. Not sure if there will be a carb.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Chicken wings from a knock.off recipe from a local small chain of Italian skewed sports bars. Marinated in rosemary, lots of garlic, lemon juice, EVOO, salt and pepper. Served with caramelized onions and focaccia at the restaurants.

They bake them in their coal fired pizza ovens, but Craig used coals and pecan wood and cooked them on the rotisserie. I did caramelize some onions, but I made spicy Cajun potato salad to.go with.

Gooey butter toffee cake for desert tonight.

Attachments

• 2018-11-18 17.53.14.jpg
    2018-11-18 17.53.14.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 117

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Lamb Chops, Mint Jelly, Mashed Potato's topped with cheddar& Butter, & Zucchini mixed with green & chili Peppers from my garden. (We are getting pretty close to the end of my garden.) I have to give credit to my DD-she made this entire meal.:clap:

Attachments

• SU D.jpg
    SU D.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 119

Johnny West

Tonight it is veg korma we didn't eat Friday night- flavors were excellent. The rice was turmeric brown rice.

Pumpkin bread for dessert...

Attachments

• #####Korma.jpg
    #####Korma.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 119

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Cedar salmon with maple mustard sauce (good!) baked tater and broccoli (which looked like crap).

I asked the server if she would eat that, she said "well no, because I don't "do" broccoli".
I said; - I'm not either!
I ordered a side of coleslaw to replace it and got 2 dollahs knocked off the bill.
Thank you kindly! Lol

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Air-Fried Tilapia, Boiled Baby Reds, Veggie Mix from the Freezer...
and an egg on the usual suspect ...

Tilapia Fillets, Air Fried.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6548.jpg
    IMG_6548.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 112

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last night was marinated flank steak and grape tomato, onion and mozzarella salad.

flank_steak_tomato_salad_111818_IMG_5059.JPG

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Truck Stop Food Tonight- We are on our way to Parma Idaho.
We are wishing you all (ya'll for our southern Friends) a
Super Thanksgiving. Back next Monday.

Attachments

• ThanksG.jpg
    ThanksG.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 106

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yes! That meat looks perfectly tender Peeps.
The salad is something I'd like to try.

Take care Dan and have a safe and wonderful time.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you everyone.

The flank steak marinade was:
Soy sauce
Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Fresh garlic and shallots ground to paste in my Braun
Salt and ground pepper
My house blend seasoning

Tomato salad and dressing was:
Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Fresh garlic paste
Fresh parsley
Fresh onion
Salt and ground pepper
Grape tomatoes
Mozzarella

Flank steak was marinated for about an hour. Then grilled on a smoking hot stove top cast iron grill pan.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Some wonderful-looking meals there, foiks!

Love the looks of Embryodad's golumpki!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We had tuna melts and cream of mushroom soup.
I was going to bake the box of oatmeal raisin cookies (another from the school fundraiser) but decided after cleaning the kitchen- nope! not going there this evening.
I'll bake them tomorrow afternoon.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I made a a friend of the Lady who runs a Chinese Take-Out 'down on the corner' - We trade plant cuttings regularly, and she almost always gives me some sort of discount...

Once in a while, when ordering, I'll just tell her to 'surprise me'. This tactic usually gets me something I've not had, or even heard of, before.....
Well, last night I said,'surprise me!', and she did !
She said, ' you like Butterfly Shrimp ?' Of course I do !

This was a Butterfly Shrimp dish like no other, sort of akin to Egg Foo Young...

Butterflied Shrimps encased in an Egg Batter, Served with Stir-Fried Vegetables.... Sesame Won-Tons on the Side...

So much there, I didn't even open the pint of rice...

It was delicious !

King China Butterfly Shrimp1.jpg

King China Butterfly Shrimp2.jpg

King China Butterfly Shrimp3.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I doubt they could surprise me like that at China Dragon.
Wow, that's something!

I'm making Hillshire Farms beef smoked sausage with pintos/rice.. and I don't know what else.
Oh yes! The cookies must be baked today.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, Lucky - great score!

Your photos are excellent!

Lee

Dogboa

Pulled some homemade tamales from the freezer and made a couple sauces for them. A red made with Rotel Original, onions, garlic, oregano, cumin and a chipotle from a can. A green using fresh tomatillos, onion, garlic, oregano and cumin. Both got zapped with the immersion blender to a smooth consistency. I used some of the red sauce for Huevos Rancheros for my breakfast this morning.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm doing a Pre-Game Warmup tonight ....

Pulled a Turkey:WitchBrewsSmiley: Thigh out of the Freezer....

Johnny West

Last night I wanted beans and wieners so got out a big can of Bush's veg beans and a package of Oscar Myer's Select Beef Weiner from the freezer. The mrs wanted to doctor the beans with brown sugar, bacon, and onion. She used over a half pound of "my" good bacon, and a whole sweet onion. After frying the bacon and onions, added the beans, then the brown sugar. She literally dumped the brown sugar in the beans and half pound glob of brown sugar went into the beans. I'm not sure how much sugar she took out of the beans but they were extremely sweet so she added vinegar. They weren't to bad but if I was judging her offering would have chopped her.

Attachments

• #####Beans and Weiners.jpg
    #####Beans and Weiners.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 145

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last night I had a deli roast beef, lettuce, tomato and bacon on toasted rye, salt, pepper and mayo.