Cookbook author David Lebovitz's online recipes

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I just bought his chocolate book. He is friends with Michael Ruhlman. Michael and I know some of the same folks as we graduated in the same year and both went to prep school. I just bought Michael Ruhlman's book, Ratio as well. He is a super nice guy.

FryBoy

I copied a couple that especially appealed to me, converted them to a WordPerfect document file, edited the directions to make them easier for me to follow, and converted them to PDF. One is for oatmeal-raisin cookies, the other for a lemon tart. They're attached.

Attachments

• Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.pdf
    42.8 KB · Views: 219
  • Lemon Tart.pdf
    89.7 KB · Views: 210

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I was just looking at the recipe of Supernatural Brownies. I have two comments:

NO NUTS?

TRIM AWAY THE EDGES? Is he INSANE?

Actually, in Nick's original recipe, nuts are optional. One can add two cups of walnuts or pecans. Why? Because some of us are allergic to them and still like to eat brownies! As for trimmng the edges, that is personal preference.

chowhound

Chocolate and nuts. Is there any better combination? (lol).
I miss the girl that used to work for me. She made great brownies and always added nuts for me.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I was just looking at the recipe of Supernatural Brownies. I have two comments:

NO NUTS?

TRIM AWAY THE EDGES? Is he INSANE?

Actually, I recall a third comment: you do not like brown sugar used in your brownies. So, I was surprised when you posted this recipe. It is the one I tried to tell you about long ago.

FryBoy

Actually, I recall a third comment: you do not like brown sugar used in your brownies. So, I was surprised when you posted this recipe. It is the one I tried to tell you about long ago.
Generally I prefer brownies without brown sugar. I find the molasses taste competes with the chocolate. However, given the source, I figure it might be worth a shot -- with nuts added, of course, and edges intact as God intended.

Last edited:

FryBoy

I don't care if he's widely believed to be the Messiah, and I don't care who his friends are! If I don't like his recipes, I'll say so. As you said (sort of), taste is a matter of personal preference. Celebrity be damned!