Gold Site Supporter
Re: Banana Nut Bread - Bisquick and Cream Cheese

What a pretty loaf!

Great job, K!

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Thanks everyone. This is a great recipe, and I just love Banana Nut Bread.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

I love this recipe! Made it again tonight!

Attachments

• step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 599
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 624

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter

That's a beautiful loaf, Keltin - your baking skills are just amazing! We have two huge racks of bananas ripening in our back yard, and of course, they all get ripe at once. So I usually make a ton of banana bread, give it away, put it in the freezer, etc. I like the ATK recipe that I have been using, but yours looks so good and moist. I can't buy Bisquick here, but I can make my own from scratch. I'll give this a try...thanks for the recipe.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Just shows this to DW, she likes it too. It looks great. We'll be trying this soon. :D Thanks Keltin. :thumb:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Raisin Bran Buttermilk Muffins

Preheat oven to 375F.
Prepare a muffin pan either by buttering it or use the paper liners.

Stir together in a small bowl, and let it sit for a few minutes to soften the bran flakes:

1 1/4 cup buttermilk (I didn't have enough buttermilk, so I used sour cream for the rest.)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/3 cup corn oil (or vegetable oil)
3 cups raisin bran cereal

In a separate bowl, whisk together:

1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda

Quickly stir the dry into the wet. Don't over-mix it!

Spoon into prepared muffins pans. Bake at 375 about 20 minutes.

Attachments

• raisin bran muffins 003.jpg
    raisin bran muffins 003.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 126
  • raisin bran muffins 006.jpg
    raisin bran muffins 006.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 128

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Re: Raisin Bran Buttermilk Muffins

I have been making these bran muffins for years!! I keep the batter in the fridge during the holidays when grand kids are always looking for sweets, they love them and so do we! Only difference in my recipe is I melt a cup of crisco instead of vegetable oil. That's what I've always done, but the vegetable oil would be easier.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Awesome SS! I wonder if you can use other types of cereal?

SilverSage

Resident Crone

Awesome SS! I wonder if you can use other types of cereal?

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Something with a definite flavor would add more to the muffins, than say, Rice Krispies with a very mild flavor.

Deelady

Bacon Glazed Donut Holes

Bacon Glazed Donut Holes

1 can buttermilk biscuit dough
vegetable oil
2-3 slices cooked bacon nice and crispy
Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
about 2 TB milk

Directions:

seperate biscuits and cut each into quarters, roll into individual balls and set aside.
Heat 2-3 inches of oil into a small to medium sauce pan allowing enough depth of oil so donut can puff up and be submerged in oil.
Make glaze in small bowl adding powdered sugar, vanilla and stirring a very small amount of milk at a time until you reach a slightly runny consistency. Adding too much milk the glaze will take forever to set. If your glaze is too runny add a small amount more powdered sugar. Set aside.

Test oil to see if its hot enough by pinching off a small bit of dough and dropping it in, if hot enough the dough will puff up and sizzle right away if too hot the dough will brown immediately.

When oil is ready drop 4-5 balls of dough in at a time giving enough room for them not to touch and freely move around. Constantly turn and submerge dough in oil so them can puff up and turn golden evenly all around. DO NOT walk away!
Drain on paper towels when golden. they should be cooked through in 2-3 minutes.

while still warm turn donut in glaze to coat evenly.

Top with crumbled bacon and set on plate to set the glaze.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• food 571.jpg
    food 571.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:

Deelady

Re: Bacon Glazed Donut Holes

Thank you and sorry I'm having issues with posting pics the last two days...can't figure out whats wrong....hopefully heres another.

Attachments

• food 575.jpg
    food 575.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 171

Guts

Re: Bacon Glazed Donut Holes

oh my, those do look good ! Don't tell my doctor, I even looked at them.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Rich Banana Bread

We have bananas ripening very quickly in our yard, so I have been making loads of banana bread, four loaves today. This recipe is inspired by the ATK/Cooks Illustrated recipe, but I have changed it a bit (subbed sour cream for yogurt, added more sugar and nuts). Everyone who tastes it claims that it is the best they have ever tasted. But it DOES taste better the second day, if you can wait that long.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Rich Banana Bread[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Makes two loaves[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]4 cups all purpose flour[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]2 cups sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]1 and ½ tsp baking soda[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]1 tsp salt[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]4 eggs, beaten lightly[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]¾ cup butter, melted and cooled[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]½ cup sour cream[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]6 ripe bananas, mashed (but not liquified - leave some small chunks)[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]3 tsp vanilla[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]2 and ½ cups toasted chopped walnuts[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Combine dry ingredients with a whisk in a large mixing bowl.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Combine wet ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk lightly. Add to dry ingredients
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]along with the walnuts and mix thoroughly, but do not beat.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Divide between two 9” X 5” loaf pans that have been greased on the bottom only, Bake at 350F for about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Buen provecho!
[/FONT]

Attachments

• DSCF1076.jpg
    DSCF1076.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCF1131.jpg
    DSCF1131.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCF1136.jpg
    DSCF1136.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 164

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Rich Banana Bread

Sure sounds good Karen. And the pics looks GREAT. We'll have to try this one for sure. :thumb: THANKS!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

SilverSage

Resident Crone

Karen, I've spent years looking for the perfect banana bread, and have yet to find it. This looks like you've hit pay dirt! I'm going to try this one very soon.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter

Thanks, Doc and SS - I hope you both enjoy it. I do think the next time I make it (probably tomorrow), I'll add a full cup of butter to the mix instead of 3/4 cup, just to see if it makes it better.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Thank you Karen!! Copied. The bread looks fantastic.

AllenOK

Karen, I have my own Sour Cream Banana Bread recipe (not sure if it's posted on NCT). In fact, I just made a batch a few days ago. It was great, and didn't last but about 30 minutes.

That said, I may give yours a shot. I'm always looking to improve a recipe.

I also have to envy you. <DROOL> Vine-ripe bananas in your yard! </DROOL>

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter

Thanks, Allen. They are really good - sweet as candy. The problem is, they all get ripe within a week or so. The neighborhood opossums are very fond of them, and snack on them during the night, though, so we are sharing some of them.