-Pant hanger recipe book holder.

Who knew?

Add your own if you find any.

20190217_211437.jpg

FB_IMG_1550456012577.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
dialing my Mom & saying, 'Mum, my floor has stuff that looks similar to mud--' (i'll hear, 'click'.....)
& my Mom arrives, Lysol, gloves, bucket/too many cleansers to name,)-- & she cleans..... she cleans-- she washes not yet-worn items~~
God, luv that Mom--

so, my trick is to dial my Mom--

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
despite my Mom, wash!!!! always wash, rinse--
food poising--nope-- don't give that, & by God, don't get that, as well--

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Love those swiffer covers, but I don't have the patience to knit.

When I clean my Keurig with vinegar, I always re-use the vinegar. Sometimes my vanity sink drain starts running slow, so I put some baking soda down it and add the leftover hot vinegar. It does that gurgling thing and clears it out.

Endust! I was buying stainless spray cleaner and stainless wipes to clean my stainless appliances, but they just didn't work very well. The wipes dried out before I used all of them. I tried Pledge, but it's just too smeary. Endust works great, and is much cheaper too. Spray it on a lint free cloth and wipe with the grain of the stainless.

Fridge filters, buy them from Amazon! I was paying about $60 at Lowes for one filter. I now buy them for about $6-7 a piece.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
oh yeah. fridges have filters for ice/water dispensers.
ours - a GE - has a 'chip' under the fiilter label.

no chippie, no icee - get chippie, no monii left!

same filter as previous model (no chip) but 3x the cost.
no 'generics' can replicate the chip....
such a deal!

so I cut the chip out from under the label of the original filter and taped it to new generic ones.

our municipal water was always excellent, then they built a new plant and it now has 'a taste' - so I put a 'whole kitchen' filter on the line (in the basement) and tied the ice maker to that; eliminates the fridge filter altogether.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
one my least fav chores is peeling potatoes.
so I wash/cut/boil them
coll1.jpg

use a ricer - this is a CuisiPro - very sturdy, 3 disks
coll2.jpg

scrape off the skins and finish mash with mixer.
Coll3.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
oh yeah. fridges have filters for ice/water dispensers.
ours - a GE - has a 'chip' under the fiilter label.

no chippie, no icee - get chippie, no monii left!

same filter as previous model (no chip) but 3x the cost.
no 'generics' can replicate the chip....
such a deal!

so I cut the chip out from under the label of the original filter and taped it to new generic ones.

our municipal water was always excellent, then they built a new plant and it now has 'a taste' - so I put a 'whole kitchen' filter on the line (in the basement) and tied the ice maker to that; eliminates the fridge filter altogether.

Kudos to you for finding a work-around, and 20 rotten tomatoes to GE for trying to gouge the consumer by adding that chip. That reminds me of the stupid printers that won't work when one cartridge is out of ink...grrr :(.

QSis, I should have said "water filter."

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the Swiffer cover idea. I found 1 with loops to better catch dog and kitty hair, plus the ones that can be used on a wet jet. I've been using the disposable wet cloths, but they are getting really expensive. I could buy a wet jet and some of the kitchen cotton yarn I noticed in the craft catalog and make up a whole bunch of reusable cloths. Also, I could stop having to drag the vacuum around with the loopy ones.

I do crochet and these look really simple and fast to make, especially compared to some things I've made.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Cookie decorating hacks with kitchen or household items.
The first are using the design in the bottoms of a drinking glass.
The second is using a whisk dipped in food colouring.
The honeycombs were made using bubble wrap.
Cookie1  120190228_084734.jpg

Cookie 2 20190228_084818.jpg

Cookie 3 20190228_084839.jpg

Cookie 4 20190228_084919.jpg

Cookie 5 20190228_084946.jpg

Cookie 6 20190228_085015.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
I have a plastic one like that. But now, I use my performance blender for getting rid of stringy matter in peeled boiled sweet potatoes!!

Attachments

• Bestek Blender..jpg
    Bestek Blender..jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,346
Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I just discovered Finish Powerball dishwasher tabs. I was amazed at how much better they work in my dishwasher than liquid Cascade. My glasses no longer have water spots and look crystal clean. I have a corning ware skillet that has had baked on brown stuff forever. It came out almost perfectly white.

One other thing I just love is some stainless sink drain strainers from Amazon, Fensbao brand ??? or something like that, two for about $7. They are heavier than the little cheap mesh things that I've been using. Bonus...my well-behaved :whistling: cats can't fish them out of the sink and run off with them.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Kitchen/Household Tips

I thought we had one of these threads. (Maybe I missed it, please merge if necessary). If not can someone sticky this so I can find it next time. TIA LOL :blob_blue:

Here is one of my tips:

I have been chopping/prepping all my fresh rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic, onion, parsley, oregano and basil in my Braun mini food processor (love that thing) ahead of time. Nothing added to the herbs/spices. Whatever I don't use for the dish I spread each individually in a thin layer in a snack size zip top bag. Push all the air out and label bags. I place bags flat in freezer. When I need some for another dish I just snap a piece off and the bag goes back in freezer for next time. Really saves time and money. No forgetting the unused in back of fridge and having to throw it away when it goes bad. I used to buy the frozen Dorot brand cubes but that gets pricey and they add stuff to the herbs/spices.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I used to use tap water in my Keurig. The descale light would come on pretty frequently. I don't have city water, so my tap water has a lot of mineral deposits.

I started using filtered water only in my Keurig, and the descale light hasn't come on since. I could just do the happy dance :clap:. I hate to descale.

KongStrong

I am so proud of all of us who always try to develop their kitchens. I also would like to boast about my new gift from my husband. Cooking is more than a hobby for me and 4 hotplates on the stove aren't enough for me. A lot of years I have repeatedly said husband that I really need a portable Induction countertop burner and this Christmas I have got it (I am so happy). Now I can cook steaks and outside the home in the garden or to make a sauce for meat at the same time with other meals. He has ordered this burner on Amazon, it's awesome!

Last edited: