What's On The Plates Sunday February 3- Saturday 9

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Went to Big Boy for the breakfast bar buffet after church.
Yikes! bacon,ham,scrambled eggs, spicy taters, French toast sticks and 1 biscuit with gravy.

That's enough for the day.
IF anything else at all, it'll be cashews or popcorn this evening.
Signed,
Miss Piggy

Embryodad

Went to Jimmy's here for breakfast. Made Jimmy / ME ....all by myself, two eggs and English muffins toasted.

Just slapped a whole rack of ribs ( pork ) with dry rub; for tonight's supper.
Superbowl Sunday today. DD was supposed to bake some wings. She's in Lazy Mode today. I guess she's thawing out?

Tina just said, she will throw a baked ziti in the oven. Sounds good to me.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Went shopping this morning. Had a low fever and maybe should have stayed home. But tomorrow may be worse so got it over with.

I had a Chobani yogurt for breakfast before going out.

This was lunch - Rotisserie chicken, skirt steak, fruit, potato salad

chicken_skirt_steak_fruit_020319_IMG_5360.JPG

Not really hungry for dinner.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was wonton soup and scallion pancakes.

I'm so happy that I found frozen scallion pancakes at my Asian market, they are a pain to make from scratch!

All you have to do with these is fry them in a pan of a few tablespoons of hot oil - boom, done in 2 minutes!

Lee

Attachments

• wonton soup and scallion pancake.JPG
    wonton soup and scallion pancake.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 172

Dogboa

Eggplant Parmesan, stacked Napoleon style. Don't like the casserole style too gloppy. Putting the motz on the planks of fried eggplant first, prevents the sauce from making the breading mushy. I usually do a double stack.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I was having a terrible day, missing the Warden, so I drank myself into a stupor and stumbled to bed at 6:00....no Dinner...... I'm better today ........

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I was having a terrible day, missing the Warden, so I drank myself into a stupor and stumbled to bed at 6:00....no Dinner...... I'm better today ........

You're going to have those days, Lucky.
It gets easier with time.
I promise!
Hugs!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I have a bird in the Air Fryer / Rotisserie - hopefully, it will look a little better than the first one...:WitchBrewsSmiley:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a bird in the Air Fryer / Rotisserie - hopefully, it will look a little better than the first one...:WitchBrewsSmiley:

Good luck with your bird, LT and I hope today is a better day for you.

Lee

Johnny West

Last night night we made personal pizza using pre-made crust from Trader Joe's. There crust were the best we've found and I bought them on a lark the other day. I won't buy any other, now, and our pizza's were the best. Her's was a vegan pizza using all manner veg we had on hand and vegan mozz. It looks different with the vegan mozz but tasted great. Mine was pepperoni, anchovies, olives, onions, and real mozz.

The mrs is at work so tonight I'm making a pasta dish using some leftovers, Italian sausage, and hope there will be enough leftover to take to school tomorrow.

Attachments

• 0-9 copy 3.jpg
    0-9 copy 3.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 0-5 copy 6.jpg
    0-5 copy 6.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 160

Embryodad

Tonight will be Hot dogs for me. The others can fend for themselves.
I like the homemade dogs from the Chester,NJ butcher shoppe. No preservatives like the packaged ones. I have to watch my sodium intake.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was wonton soup and scallion pancakes.

I'm so happy that I found frozen scallion pancakes at my Asian market, they are a pain to make from scratch!

All you have to do with these is fry them in a pan of a few tablespoons of hot oil - boom, done in 2 minutes!

Lee

Thanks Lee- I never hadscallion Pancakes, but sure sound good to me. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area;We have many Asian Stores here. Thanks.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I'm trying to teach my DD to drink a little after work on Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday after 5pm. ; I was sober for 23 years, started drinking last Christmas (Scared to death of it-) I'm just trying to save my Liver.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Not a clue what's for dinner tonight.
I worked last night, most of which was spent worrying about my eldest son Jeff who is in the hospital.
Bad case of influenza B.
He's to be discharged today.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I think the bird was an improvement over the first one, but I'm not sure I'll use the rotisserie function again...clean-up is a real chore....... just something about that oven.... self - cleaner !!

Nice Skin ...

Chicken, Rotisserie 1.jpg

.... Cooked thru nicely...

Chicken, Rotisserie 2.jpg

Plated, with Mashed Yukons under Creamed Corn, Steamed Brussels Sprouts with a Cheddar Drizzle...

Chicken, Rotisserie, .jpg

I can pick the carcass clean and freeze the meat, yes ?? Otherwise, it's Chicken tonight !

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
There's a small location here in town.......... when I first landed here, the place was "Chubbie's - a Mom and Pop place , great for your favorite comfort / home-cooked meal.... well, after I'd been frequenting the place at least twice a month, Mrs. Chubbie died suddenly, and Mr. Chubbie sold the property and moved to Fla....

The next three incarnations were BBQ houses, all of them over-priced and self-assured.... PRICEY ! ( Smokin' Joe's, for instance, wanted OVER A DOLLAR AN OUNCE for their Chili. 5-oz, 8 oz. 12 oz.) None of these manifestations lasted more than two years.........
The site is back up and running, new name, new "first-timers".....
I'm told that they have achieved success in Philly with a couple of Food Trucks.... they are also what I would call 'Pricey', but, as with the others, I'll give them a shot today........

What in the world is a Potato Chip Casserole ?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Potato chip casserole?
My mother used to make one that was topped with potato chips.
It was chicken or ground beef, vegs, velveeta and Ruffles.
Fed a crew of 5 kids on that often, we loved it.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Dinner tonight is shrimp and broccoli with a light sauce over white rice.

Funny that y'all are talking about potato chip casserole. I made a Dorito skillet dinner the other night and still have leftovers. It's ground beef, chopped onion, cr of mr soup, milk, velveeta, corn, and crushed doritos. It looks like hell, but it tastes good.

Thanks to LT and Dan, I finally bought an air fryer :). Can't wait, should be here Thursday, and first cook will be chicken wings.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made mini lasagnas.

I used Mini Loaf Pans (5-3/4 X 3). For us each pan was 2 servings. This was the first time I made these and they turned out great!

Unbaked

mini_lasagna_unbaked_020519_IMG_5363.JPG

Baked

mini_lasagna_baked_020519_IMG_5368.JPG