Board Sauce for grilled meats

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was looking up ideas on what to do with the horrible Porterhouse steak I grilled the other night (tough and unevenly cooked) and found this great idea by Adam Perry Lang.

Board Sauce! https://amazingribs.com/tested-reci.../board-sauce-recipe-adam-perry-lang?pr=recipe

You cut up herbs and garlic and maybe a jalapeno, pour on some oil, and let sit. Then put the mixture on the cutting board while grilling, and place the cooked meat on top of the mixture WITHOUT RESTING and cut. Roll the meat slices around the juices and the board sauce to coat, and serve.

It's too late for my crummy steak (I will make cheesesteak quesadillas), but I'll definitely try this!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I think I saw an episode on Create where Steven Raichlen did this.
It's brilliant.
If it wasn't him it was Rick Bayless.

Hatson

To be honest, I never thought that a steak that was spoiled could be transformed in this way. We usually use a char broil deluxe electric smoker and therefore there are no problems with cooking, but sometimes you want to use a regular classic grill. While using it, you can sometimes get distracted and forget about the steak. Usually we gave such meat to our dog. She was very happy with such a gift! Also, we usually serve similar herbs, vegetables and so on (in a word, a side dish) separately from the dish, but judging by the article that is given here, it seems to me worth trying to mix these two ingredients. Perhaps it will be very tasty. Well, I'm already looking forward to next summer!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
To be honest, I never thought that a steak that was spoiled could be transformed in this way. We usually use a char broil deluxe electric smoker and therefore there are no problems with cooking, but sometimes you want to use a regular classic grill. While using it, you can sometimes get distracted and forget about the steak. Usually we gave such meat to our dog. She was very happy with such a gift! Also, we usually serve similar herbs, vegetables and so on (in a word, a side dish) separately from the dish, but judging by the article that is given here, it seems to me worth trying to mix these two ingredients. Perhaps it will be very tasty. Well, I'm already looking forward to next summer!

Welcome to NCT, Hatson!

Several of us here are meat smokers: Ironman is a nut who cooks outside, no matter the weather. I'm a sane person who only barbecues and grills when the temperature is just right!

Looking forward to sharing recipes with you!

Lee